Retrofit Projection H.I.D. Lights Installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Retrofit Projection H.I.D. Lights Installed

pbeelien

Reaction score
City, State
Angus, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
Lot's on the go this week,:burnout: went from the new wheels and tires to getting Bi-Xenon projection headlights installed! I originally bought and installed an aftermarket kit which was nice and bright, but the beam pattern was so-so. I did some investigating, and found a local shop that specializes in retro fitting a full bi-Xenon projection headlight system within the Tracs existing headlight housing. It consists of Morimoto mini H1 bi-xenons mounted in a set of Porsche Cayenne shrouds. Very bright, good beam pattern, and with the resisters installed, no headlight out warnings! I'm happy with the look and performance, :D so if you want to check it out for yourself, here's some pictures, and a link to the shop:

http://xenondesigncreations.weebly.com/index.html

Mormoto%20Bi-Xenon%20Lights.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those look awesome maybeyou can shrink the pics a little bit so they fit normally ;)

Hey Paul,

Looks great I wish I had more time to take better shots of the final product. I think these are one of my fav sets of lights..........they look very OEM like.

HOLY HUGE PICTURES BATMAN!
...good looking lights tho!

can u take some night shots with the beams on?

yeah I would like to see pics of the pattern of the HID`s too :D

Sorry guy's will post tonight................forgot the camera in the wife's car. But here are some detail shots....:D
IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

Last edited:

I love retrofit threads. May do one sometime on my Mustang.

Old thread, but those look damn good! Thank you for the details,will shoot them an email right away.

Back