• Register Today It's free!

Spare Tire Area Storage

SilverBack14

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport 4WD
I put a set of jumper cables in here wrapped around the outside of the spare tire. Plus I was able to fit a nylon tow strap too. I have room for a medium size flashlight and a pair of gloves left.

Emergency kit in place!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My emergency kit is behind the drivers seat on the floor. I had it in the 3rd row, but the seats wouldn't fold. I'm going to steal your idea:)

Great idea, just need a spot for the first aid stuff when traveling.

Jack

Good idea on the jumpers, I have mine in the storage compartment in the right rear side now, but need to move them to make room for the 12V air pump I bought. That should fit there plus a few small items I hope. I kinda miss the huge trunk I had in the Town Car, but that's the only thing.......well maybe the gas mileage also.

Terry H - If you have the rear bench seat there may be a space under the middle section which is perfect for stowing the air pump. The factory supplied pump (Limited) goes there.

I always use the room under the center bench to store the headphones since it will never get rotated up for someone to get in the third row. On my 07, the seat would fold down and not crunch them either, might not be the same on the 11, haven't checked (still waiting on truck)

Back