Anybody Else Receive a JD Powers Survey to Complete? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody Else Receive a JD Powers Survey to Complete?

dco43054

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 XLT
I got one in the mail yesterday!:D I can't remember ever receiving one for a previous new car purchase.

8 pages of fun. And I can't do it online. But I will be sitting down this morning and answering every question as it relates to my personal experience with my vehicle.

I will say nice things about roominess, storage, flat floor, towing capacity, the quality of the fit and finish.

And when it comes to the sections titled "Things Gone Wrong", under Features/Controls/Displays, "Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning", and Audio/Entertainment/Navigation" - I will not be speaking of the quality of the product.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My wife and I had talked the other day how we hadn't received ANY survey yet. Used to get one from Ford and once in a while from JDP. Perhaps they know the answers already ? ;)

Yes I received one, and like you I spoke of personal experience with my Explorer. I wrote highly of the detail to quality, fit and finish. The A/C, electrical and safety systems have worked flawlessly. And although I have had only the smallest of issues with the interface and electronics (MFT and Nav), I recommended that Ford put effort into improving the overall response and stability of the MFT system.

I got one in the mail yesterday!:D I can't remember ever receiving one for a previous new car purchase.

8 pages of fun. And I can't do it online. But I will be sitting down this morning and answering every question as it relates to my personal experience with my vehicle.

I will say nice things about roominess, storage, flat floor, towing capacity, the quality of the fit and finish.

And when it comes to the sections titled "Things Gone Wrong", under Features/Controls/Displays, "Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning", and Audio/Entertainment/Navigation" - I will not be speaking of the quality of the product.
I received and completed my survey online a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately there was no area in which to add any comments.

I just got mine today. dunno... love the vehicle... feels like such a solid built vehicle and very quiet and nice smooth ride and love the looks and design.

the mft is definitely buggy. doesnt leave you (me) stuck but it is silly that probably once a week my sirius preset channels disappear and have to do my little trick... i wonder what will happen if i do try to use the iphone on it more often or play music through it through usb if i will cause it to be worse like others i read.

a-pillar farting... that's just annoying that i definitely will have to bring in someday to have them fix. but is there yet an official TSB out on it? the old one doesnt apply right?

and the rain noise... been raining frequently in s. florida and i can hear it... it varies actually even in heavy rain so not that bad... but it is annoying.

i'm thinking of waiting until end of month to fill out... give them until then to release an MFT update and then at same time try to have them address the a-pillar.

i'd hate for their ranking to get any worse... or not go up anymore.

I got one several months ago, and a second followup (focused on "Green") recently. Over-all I have gotten about 8 various surveys.

I received one about 2 months ago and filled it out honestly..some areas got great marks, some not so great. My negatives were the problems I had with my phone synching and several small quality issues.

the mft is definitely buggy. doesnt leave you (me) stuck but it is silly that probably once a week my sirius preset channels disappear and have to do my little trick... i wonder what will happen if i do try to use the iphone on it more often or play music through it through usb if i will cause it to be worse like others i read.<clip>

i'd hate for their ranking to get any worse... or not go up anymore.
My friend and dealer tells me that some (IDIOTS) at Ford are blaming the dealers for the shortcomings of MFT. They say the dealers are not spending the time to train the buyer.

We of course, know that it is because of the crap they call software design. Until they get software that works, their ranking will not be going up.

Back