Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2016 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations"® > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 1995 - 2001 Explorer Ranger Mountaineer - Sport thru '03 - 2nd Generation > Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers

Notices

Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers Questions related to non-modified 1995-2001 Explorer, Mountaineer, Ranger and '02+ Sports and Sport Trac. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications.

Female Seat belt Connector

Old 08-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
halfbakedj14

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Female Seat belt Connector

I'm having a hard time finding the female connector that attaches to the floor for my 96 ford explorer eddie bauer addition for my driver’s seat. The one I have the spring is broken so I cannot insert my seatbelt into it. I keep finding the male connector but I can't seem to locate the female part that attaches to the floor.
halfbakedj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

Join the Elite Explorers for only $20 a year. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
snoranger
Elite Explorer
Jackson, NJ

94 limited on 35's

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
What color? I have one from a '96 with tan interior.

Ranger bed trailer build
snoranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
halfbakedj14

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Mine is a light brown/tan color. Would you be willing to sell it?

Last edited by halfbakedj14; 08-04-2011 at 12:56 PM.
halfbakedj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Dan Whitaker
One fast putty tat
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)

No Mounty no more.

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
It should be available from Ford. That's where I got mine from 3-4 years ago. It was around $45.

If you buy a used one make sure it is for a 1995-1997. Ford changed the design in 1998 and they will not work on a 1995-1997.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
bobflood
Elite Explorer
Powder Springs, GA
1997 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbakedj14 View Post
I'm having a hard time finding the female connector that attaches to the floor for my 96 ford explorer eddie bauer addition for my driver’s seat. The one I have the spring is broken so I cannot insert my seatbelt into it. I keep finding the male connector but I can't seem to locate the female part that attaches to the floor.
I had the same problem - got one from a junkyard for about $5. Don't worry about the color - you can reuse the plastic sleeve from your old one on the new buckle. You will need a Torex bit (T50 I believe) to get the mounting bolt off. Do a search - there is at least one very good thread on here with pics and all (maybe by Joe Dirt?) showing this job. Good luck.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
rollinstone
1997 Ford Explorer XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
bobflood's right...go to your local junk yard. the sleeve slips off.

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page