HELP.... Need PATS module location.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP.... Need PATS module location....

ducrnd

Reaction score
City, State
N,Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 xlt
I have a 01 EXP, 4.0 sohc 4dr. I am having MAJOR pats issues..no starts.. leaving me stranded etc,etc,etc
Does anyone know where the PATS module is located ???? .
Please .....have a good night

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PATS issue time out....

on a no start on my 01 exp. my PATS light blinks extremely fast, It says you can leave the key in the run position and it will time out in 30 seconds.. It continues to blink fast even atfer 10 minutes and never timed out . ??? any ideas ????

There's part of the pats system around the ignition barrel, there's also part of it behind the passenger airbag.

Hope that helps

Si

the actual PATS module is located on the drivers side rear interior fender well
at least thats where we discovered Resurrections!

Gets codes first and then you can diagnose what problem is.

the actual PATS module is located on the drivers side rear interior fender well
at least thats where we discovered Resurrections!
I have the same issue as ducrnd and many others around here. I see on google where the posts are marked "Solved!!!!" when in fact, they are far from it.
Since I have a 2004, which is in a different range of year models than yours... it is only an act of despair that drives me to take apart my rear interior fender well. But alas, I will. I will post my results far and wide, here and yonder, to save some other poor soul from the nightmare of trying to get useful information about their truck, in a sea of commercial entities trying to extract their last dollar from them for books and manuals. Thanks

Back