Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Ford Explorer Sport Trac Forums > 2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac

Notices

2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac All questions related to the 2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac model.

Heater not working??

Old 09-09-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
Goodman Racing
Hazleton, IN
2002 Explorer Sport Trac

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Unhappy Heater not working??

Hey everyone! I have a 2002 Sport Trac 4X4, 4.0L and cannot get the heater to work! With it being so hot here in Indiana until recently, I had not had to use it, but I can crank the dial all the way to full heat and it does not change temp at all in the cab??
I have checked to make sure the coolant is full, but that's about it. Was needing some advise on where to start...
Thanks!!
Goodman Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
Goodman Racing
Hazleton, IN
2002 Explorer Sport Trac

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
I was really hoping that someone would have some basic info, etc on this issue?? Guess I'll just start at the switch, but am not sure how it operates the ventwork?? If ANYONE has any guess to where I should start, please let me know
Goodman Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
ncranchero
Co-moderator
Denver,NC

'94 F150 4x4 SWB 4.9L

Vehicle Specs

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I sent you the complete diagnosis from the 2002 manual. Post back with questions and/or findings. Check the knob to be sure it's actually turning the control and not slipping.

'94 F150 4x4 4.9L/5-speed 160K miles,
How to post photos
ncranchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
beauj2000

Vehicle Specs

heater not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodman Racing View Post
I was really hoping that someone would have some basic info, etc on this issue?? Guess I'll just start at the switch, but am not sure how it operates the ventwork?? If ANYONE has any guess to where I should start, please let me know
I have the same problem, don't know where to start. I can't find anything in the owners manual under the fuse section for a fuse that powers the actuator. I have an 07 sport trac. There is no clicking sound indicating a bad actuator, don't really want to pull the actuator just to find out its not getting power.
Help please
Jack
beauj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
Tracker Niven
Oshkosh, WI
2002 Sport Trac

Vehicle Specs

2002 Sport Trac - no heat

A few things first.... Does the fan work, but only blow cool air? do both heater core hoses feel different temperatures? Did you look behind your glove box and watch your blend air door on the right side move as you moved the heat control? If so, you may have a blocked heater core. Buy a flush solvent and in-line flush kit and flush it out. Run it a while with the solvent in it until you feel heat blowing again. Just did this this week in my 2002 Sport Track and it worked great. Utube has a video showing unblocking a heater core with a garden hose technique. I just figured, might as well flush the entire system while I was at it.

Last edited by Tracker Niven; 11-30-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Tracker Niven is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Tags
heater problems