Fix for Streaking Windows!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fix for Streaking Windows!!!

spawnman

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Finally got the dealership to fix the streaking windows that we've had since day one. I hope the following information can help others get it fixed.

The dealership opened a Hotline Contact with Ford. Here's my HOTLINE Contact ID: 1048678888. Ford does now admit there is an issue.

Here is the parts used to fix it:
Qty: fp-number Description
1 BB5Z-7821452-A Weatherstrip A
1 BB5Z-7821453-A Weatherstrip A
1 BB5Z-7825596-A Weatherstrip -
1 BB5Z-7825597-A Weatherstrip -
1 BB5Z-7825860-A Weatherstrip -
1 BB5Z-7825861-A Weatherstrip -
1 BB5Z-7821456-A Weatherstrip -
1 BB5Z-7821457-A Weatherstrip -

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like it is the black inside/outside black mouldings for each door. I had mine replaced and ot is the same. Ill have to compare part numbers.

Mine is actually in today for the cooling fan belt. I also mentioned the streaky windows, which he didn't seem to know much about. I will take this in to him to order up! Thanks for the info

Curious if this does fix it perm. A pillar was the same after replacement were installed ( the noise came back 2 weeks later) so not much confidence in this actually staying away over time. Would like to hear feedback after 2+ weeks

these were the parts that were installed on mine.. it didn't end up fixing the streaking problem... I also still have horrible rattle in the A-Pillars and that has been 'fixed' as well =P

Here are some of the dealer comments from the repair order in which they repaired both front windows..
Ran Oasis found TSB 11-10-9. Removed door panels, removed and replaced both inside window glass mouldings and cleaned the glass.
Parts were
BB5Z*7821487*A weatherstrip
BB5Z*7821456*A weatherstrip

So far, the windows are streak free. I can't tell you how nice it was to drive at night, look at the side mirrors, and not see a blurry vehicle in it. I'll reserve judgement for a couple weeks and report back.

If someone has access to the TSB, would you please post? I'd like to save a copy for my records.

subscribed

For those experiencing this issue,

I can help by sending your details to the Customer Service Manager in your region and arrange for you to be called. If you haven’t done so already, please send a PM with your contact information, VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name/state.

Cory

Cleaned it a couple of times with MEK, then glass cleaner. Hasn't returned.

Boss

Whats did you use again?

MEK or if you can't find it, fingernail polish remover.

What exactly did you clean? My windows were fine at first, but have now developed the grease. If I stick my fingers into the channels, I don't feel any greasy substance, so I have no idea where it is coming from.

Cleaning the windows with glass cleaner gets rid of the grease, but it comes right back as soon as the windows are rolled down.

Very frustrating!.

Called dealer and had them run my VIN. They confirmed the TSB and ordered parts.

Will be nice to have this fixed!

Thanks!

I don't think the MEK would be adviseable for me as my windows have tint film on them.

Can someone who has access to OASIS post a copy of the TSB on this thread?

I don't think the MEK would be adviseable for me as my windows have tint film on them.

Can someone who has access to OASIS post a copy of the TSB on this thread?

That would be true.

What is the TSB number for the streaky window fix?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's been since the 7th of Oct, and the windows are still streak free!!!

Back