Couldn't pull out the key from ignition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Couldn't pull out the key from ignition

syed2001

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh-Saudi Arabia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer
Hi,
I have Ford Explorer Model 2010, Right now I am facing a problem that I couldn't pull out the key from the ignition. I can drive the car, every thing is perfect, after stopping the car I shift the gear in parking (P) and apply the brakes. After that I am stop the vehicle and turn off the ignition completey , extremely left and trying to pull out the key from the ignition, but it is not possible. I tried every thing what i know but nothing happen.

Please help

TY

Syed:mad:

i had this problem on a 2011 subaru i had to push it in then turn it slightly then it finally came out.. weirdest thing. think its just a new care kinda thing. anyway play with it a bit see what comes of it!

Yes it works

Hi,
I have Ford Explorer Model 2010, Right now I am facing a problem that I couldn't pull out the key from the ignition. I can drive the car, every thing is perfect, after stopping the car I shift the gear in parking (P) and apply the brakes. After that I am stop the vehicle and turn off the ignition completey , extremely left and trying to pull out the key from the ignition, but it is not possible. I tried every thing what i know but nothing happen.

Please help

TY

Syed

------------------------------------------------

Yes I pull out the key successfully, before turning it on the last position i pull out, or after go to the last position, then slightly move upward and then it came-out easily.
TY

Hassan

Thanks a lot .

Back