2003 Explorer Sport-Right Brake light does not work and turn signal doenst blink | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer Sport-Right Brake light does not work and turn signal doenst blink

ExplorerForever

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport
I just purchased a 2003 explorer sport (upgraded from my 97) and I noticed that when I flip the turn signal to the right you can hear and see the indicator blinking really fast as opposed to normally. I figured the bulb was dead, so I replaced it. This didn't work. Funny thing is that when i have the parking lights (headlights and all) on, the bulb lights up. It won't get brighter when I press the brake or wont blink when I turn the signal on. I figured it was the contacts, cleaned them, still did it. While driving back to my house however it seemed to rectify itself and worked fine! I shut off the car for the evening and the next day it was doing it again. I figured maybe my socket was going bad, changed that and its still doing the same thing. I'm starting to think there's a wiring problem but I don't know where to look or what to do anymore. I know a little bit about cars but I don't want to prod around with not knowing all I need to do. I've heard so many different opinions but since I've used this forum before for other things I figured I may as well ask my fellow Explorer enthusiasts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All other lights work fine its just this back right one. I thank everyone that has any advice to offer. Thanks!

Oh and Glad to finally be a member here!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yup thats the issue! i went to my car and lowered the steering wheel, was still doing it, raised it up and lowered it a little bit and banged on the steering column a little bit where that switch is and sure enough! this place is awesome! you rock sws!

Very cool, glad you found the problem!

Back