2013 Explorer ... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer ...

grrtrainman

Reaction score
City, State
Western Mass, (summer), & SW Florida, (winter).
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Limited 4WD 302A Tow
I understand we can expect to see the 2013 Explorer approx March, y/n?
If that is the case, when can we begin placing orders for the '13? I believe the plant will be shut down for two weeks during the holidays so we can't do it then. 'Am lurking here to see if all the bugs are being addressed AND I want to order a 2013 Limited, (including the new "Lane Keeping Assist").
I love all these new bells & whistles!:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I spoke to a local dealer today and they are already able to place orders for the 2013MY Explorers. The dealer thought a February delivery was possible.

Engines remain the same as far as I know.

A heated steering wheel is available on the Limited within certain equipment groups. Also new in 2013 (Limited only) is HID headlamps with auto high beams and power tilt/telescoping steering column.

Some paint colors have been added and deleted.

For the XLT crowd, 2nd row bucket seats and center console will be available ( still available with the Limited).

Happy ordering!

I spoke to a local dealer today and they are already able to place orders for the 2013MY Explorers. The dealer thought a February delivery was possible.

A heated steering wheel is available on the Limited within certain equipment groups. Also new in 2013 (Limited only) is HID headlamps with auto high beams and power tilt/telescoping steering column.

For the XLT crowd, 2nd row bucket seats and center console will be available ( still available with the Limited).

Happy ordering!

Damn - heated steering wheel would be something I'd go for too!

!

I wish I could have ordered this option as it was the only thing on the limited I wanted and couldn't get :(

I wish I could have ordered this option as it was the only thing on the limited I wanted and couldn't get :(

Was it not offered in the 2011 Limited (I believe it was)? I ordered a 2012 Limited (awaiting delivery) and we opted for the 2nd row bucket seats, though with no console.

Was it not offered in the 2011 Limited (I believe it was)? I ordered a 2012 Limited (awaiting delivery) and we opted for the 2nd row bucket seats, though with no console.

What he meant was that he ordered an XLT and wished he could have got the 2nd row buckets.

2001VT said:

Do you have kids? If so, is that why you didn't get the console? I don't have kids & regret not getting the console. I did not choose the bucket seats in the 2nd row - they were on the car that had everything else that I wanted - so I didn't even think about it not having a console. Kicking myself now, though. It's driving me nuts that there is no console back there

Do you still need the perforated luxury leather option to get the second row buckets? Is the perforated leather an option in the XLT now?

What colors were added/deleted? Specifically do you know if Golden Bronze was removed?

Happy ordering!
I ordered my 2011 Limited Dec. 20, 2010 and yes, the plant was closed down at least 2 weeks for the holidays. Took delivery March 14th.
Auto high beams are nice but can be a bit of a pain as well. I've had them, the first was on a '64 Caddy, and I prefer to go without them. It happened a few times that the highs came on when they should not have and I quickly had to over ride them. Also I found at times when you needed them they went to low beam. This happened quite often when approaching those large reflective highway exit/entrance signs just as you're hitting the ramp!

Damn - heated steering wheel would be something I'd go for too!
Saw a pair of gloves at Giant Tiger for 10 bucks.:D

Anyone know the real reason for 2012MY being such a short run? Other than some safety features and making some options available on different trim levels, is there anything else changing with the 2013MY? Specifically, are the windshield design and pillars the same?

Do you have kids? If so, is that why you didn't get the console? I don't have kids & regret not getting the console. I did not choose the bucket seats in the 2nd row - they were on the car that had everything else that I wanted - so I didn't even think about it not having a console. Kicking myself now, though. It's driving me nuts that there is no console back there

HDJulie,

You got it. We have a 19 month old and another one the way, so we opted for the 2nd row no console since both bucket seats will be occupied with car seats. That way, we can easily get a couple of passengers to the 3rd row, and we even tested this at the dealer and it was quite easy to get between the two bucket seats.

My dealer advised the following changes

Front passenger knee airbag standard on all models

New colour offerings
— Kodiak Brown Metallic
— Green Gem Metallic
— Oxford White
— Deep Impact Blue
— Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat

Colours no longer available
— Golden Bronze
— White Suede
— Dark Blue Pearl

The Limited Luxury Seat Package gets the heated steering wheel and the Power Tilt/Telescoping steering column.

The Limited Technology Package gets the Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist and the Auto High Beams.

2nd Row Bucket Seats – 6 passengers (w/Power Assist
Folding Seats, Adjustable Tracks) and 2nd Row Console now available on XLT models

New Final Drive Ratio's for the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 Engine

Man I feel ya..... I really wanted buckets, but like the iPhone, you can never have one for long enough before it gets better...

They need to offer the Hid in the other Limited models.

2013 Limited Tech Package ...

Thank You "Sgt1411" for answering my $ 64K question, (the 'lane departure warning' package availability in '13).
Looks like Ford is matching feature for feature with some of the $ 50K + guys.
'Hope it doesn't cost out @ $ 64 K !!!

Great forum!:p:

They need to offer the Hid in the other Limited models.
In Canada, all 3 levels of the 2012 Limited model come standard with HID headlamps.

Sgt, will the Lane departure be added to existing my2012 ltd's?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sgt, will the Lane departure be added to existing my2012 ltd's?

I dont know the answer to that but Im in Glendale AZ, Tuesday at a Ford event and will have a chance to speak to the Engineers on the Explorer platform so I will ask for sure.

Back