2013 Explorer ... | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer ...

@ FordCustSrvc -

Cory,
What are (if any) the changes to the option packages for the MY13 Limited? And can you post/discuss/list cost changes for the MY13?

Looking to pull the trigger on a Limited but can't get enough info to do so.

Cory has previously advised us here he cannot publish that document.

Your dealership has to provide you those details, they all have the document.

The 2013 changes are at the beginning of this thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Cory,
What are (if any) the changes to the option packages for the MY13 Limited? And can you post/discuss/list cost changes for the MY13?...
Does your local dealership not have that info? When I ordered my 2011 in Dec. 2010, the models had not even come out yet but the dealer had all the info I needed to place the order...
Cory has previously advised us here he cannot publish that document.

Your dealership has to provide you those details, they all have the document.

Welcome to the boards, toysoldier! You’ve definitely joined the right community when it comes to Explorer enthusiasts. :) I mentioned before that I can’t post that info. Follow the URL http://explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2861784&postcount=13 to see Sgt1411’s post on the 2013MY changes.

BTW, thanks for adding that Peter & Sgt1411. :D

Cory

SGT - My question was more specific to the packages than the individual item changes. To be clearer - is the 302a package for the Limited the same in MY13 as it is in MY12? If not, what about it changed? I want to make sure I'm at least getting the things I want and what package covers that since it's not a-la-cart when configuring the truck.

@ Peter - Im gonna have to call another dealer... the one I called wouldn't offer any info, only saying they dont have any info on the MY13 yet.

@ Cory - I figured you couldn't but had to ask anyway. Thanks.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome guys...

My dealer had all the info. The only thing they couldn't do was give me confirmed pricing. He had the numbers but said that they weren't firm and that Ford had not locked them in yet.

My dealer said that the only changes to the 302a package was adding the heated steering wheel and the lane assist options, otherwise everything stayed as it was.

SGT - My question was more specific to the packages than the individual item changes. To be clearer - is the 302a package for the Limited the same in MY13 as it is in MY12? If not, what about it changed? I want to make sure I'm at least getting the things I want and what package covers that since it's not a-la-cart when configuring the truck.

@ Peter - Im gonna have to call another dealer... the one I called wouldn't offer any info, only saying they dont have any info on the MY13 yet.

@ Cory - I figured you couldn't but had to ask anyway. Thanks.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome guys...

The way I read the packaging from the 2013 Order Guide was:

The Limited Luxury Seat Package gets the heated steering wheel and the Power Tilt/Telescoping steering column.

The Limited Technology Package gets the Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist and the Auto High Beams.

The XLT updates are:

2nd Row Bucket Seats – 6 passengers (w/Power Assist
Folding Seats, Adjustable Tracks) and 2nd Row Console now available on XLT models

New Final Drive Ratio's for the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 Engine on all models

The way I read the packaging from the 2013 Order Guide was:

The Limited Luxury Seat Package gets the heated steering wheel and the Power Tilt/Telescoping steering column.

The Limited Technology Package gets the Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist and the Auto High Beams.

The XLT updates are:

2nd Row Bucket Seats – 6 passengers (w/Power Assist
Folding Seats, Adjustable Tracks) and 2nd Row Console now available on XLT models

New Final Drive Ratio's for the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 Engine on all models

New final drive ratios? I wonder if they adjusted them to improve the mileage??

Sgt, do you happen to recall what the new drive ratios are going to be?

Ordered 2013 Limited

Hello everyone, I'm glad to have found this forum, I think it may help during the wait after placing my order about 3 weeks ago. So far no VIN# or production date. It is going to be a real test of my patience (which isn't particularly good) waiting. I appreciate the great information on here that you have all posted.

As being a newbe to this fourm I am in a holding pattern not ready to jump untill some of the quality issues are gone. The question I have is are the polished 20in wheels coated with clear I have seen some that are flat in finish

2 part is Ford going to offer a chrome wheel as like the EDGE has.

Does anyone know if Ford is jumping on the start stop feature as others BMW,LEXUS,Audi and VW are bringing to the market for 2013
(this feature is when you stop at a light the engine shuts off and auto starts when you push the gas) shows increse in mpg. I don't like this !

Hello everyone, I'm glad to have found this forum, I think it may help during the wait after placing my order about 3 weeks ago. So far no VIN# or production date. It is going to be a real test of my patience (which isn't particularly good) waiting. I appreciate the great information on here that you have all posted.

Congrats ! What price did you pay for the Limited and what is the package which you opted for ? did you get any good deals ?

~A

As being a newbe to this fourm I am in a holding pattern not ready to jump untill some of the quality issues are gone. The question I have is are the polished 20in wheels coated with clear I have seen some that are flat in finish

When building an Limited Explorer on the website, you have the option of 20-inch chrome rims or 20-inch 'flat' rims. I'm guessing that is the difference you are seeing. There is a price difference.

New final drive ratios? I wonder if they adjusted them to improve the mileage??

Sgt, do you happen to recall what the new drive ratios are going to be?
VinceL,

The 2.0L FDR is 3.36 on the Base, XLT and 300/301A Limited.
The 2.0L FDR is 3.51 on Limited 303A.
No change for 13MY.

The 3.5L FWD FDR is 3.39; it was 3.16 for 12MY.
The 3.5L 4WD FDR is 3.65; it was 3.39 for 12MY.

FE certification is not complete for 13MY.

Hello everyone, I'm glad to have found this forum, I think it may help during the wait after placing my order about 3 weeks ago. So far no VIN# or production date...
You joined the right community, ScoopFl! :) I can help settle your nerves a bit by keeping track of your order’s latest status. Since you don’t have your VIN yet, shoot a PM with your order number & dealer name/dealer code.

...The question I have is are the polished 20in wheels coated with clear I have seen some that are flat in finish...2 part is Ford going to offer a chrome wheel as like the EDGE has.

Does anyone know if Ford is jumping on the start stop feature as others BMW,LEXUS,Audi and VW are bringing to the market for 2013 (this feature is when you stop at a light the engine shuts off and auto starts when you push the gas) shows increse in mpg. I don't like this !
road,

The 20” Polished Aluminum wheels are not clear coated and we don’t plan to offer a chrome wheel option for the Explorer.

Stop Start is not planned for Explorer currently. We will “explore” (;)) a number of fuel saving technologies, including stop start, for possible inclusion in future models.

Cory

My Limited FWD will be tuxedo black, charcoal black interior, pkg 302A, moon roof, tow pkg, splash guards, polished wheels. I used the X-Plan for pricing so no negotiation there $44,214.

Wow, thanks for all of the info Cory. You da man!!

I want better mileage, and I don't think 3.39 is going to do it! lol

I want better mileage, and I don't think 3.39 is going to do it! lol

What do these new ratios mean?

Can a YM12 be brought in for a service to have the gear ratio updated to the new specs?

Wow, thanks for all of the info Cory. You da man!!
You got it, Vince! :D:thumbsup:

What do these new ratios mean?

JohnnyDop,

The ratio is the number of driveshaft revolutions required to turn the axle one rotation.
So, for 13MY FWD, it takes 3.39 revolutions to turn the axle once; for 12MY, it took 3.16 revolutions.

The effect of the higher numerical gear ratio is slightly more responsive acceleration, because less torque is required. The downside is that the engine has to run at a slightly higher rate for the equivalent speed, which uses more fuel. We do not expect the change to affect our FE ratings.

Can a YM12 be brought in for a service to have the gear ratio updated to the new specs?
No, bladerunner123; Ford and Ford dealers cannot re-calibrate the vehicle and engine without violating federal certifications.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update :

Ford website has been updated with all the info on 2013 Ex

However the Drive ratios are still displayed unchanged from the 2012 MY and also there is a bug on the website while displaying the details of 202 A package under "Build & Price"

~A

Back