Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Under the Hood > Explorer, Ranger, A/C & Heater systems HVAC

Notices

Explorer, Ranger, A/C & Heater systems HVAC Ford Explorer, Ranger, Mountaineer, Bronco II, Air Conditioning and Heating Systems.

help, blower only works on high.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
GLICIOUS21
somewhere n front of a cop
1996 EXPLORER LIMITED

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
help, blower only works on high.

now i already assume this problem is usually caused by a blower motor resistor. problem is i work for advance auto parts and cant find the one i need. my explorer is a 96 explorer limited ohv 6.the resistor that comes up for mine is a smaller one with a different plug and springs on the inside.my original one is a lil bigger and shapes different with a different plug and looks more like a module with a chip on the inside instead of springs.but i pulled it from the location where the blower motor should be.has any came across this problem before and how did you find the right resistor?
GLICIOUS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn what modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to see less ads, no green underlined links, and many other benefits such as being able to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
albi1cnobi1
Elite Mountaineer
South Jersey

99 Mountaineer V6 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
If you have a Limited than you have Automatic Climate Control(EATC). That system takes a speed controller not a blower motor resistor. It goes in the same place, it's just electronic. When you look it up check under Auto not manual control.

TT/Warrior Shackles/Add-a-leaf, 2" BL, 32x11.5/15 BFG A/T's, Rancho 5000's, Supplemental HHO Generator(out for cell redesign), Electric Fan Conversion, AVM Manual Lockout Hubs, Dual Battery System, Gibson cat back. EATC Mod. BW1354 swap. My 4405 To 1354 Swap Thread Support your own economy, Buy American, all of our jobs depend on it.
albi1cnobi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
GLICIOUS21
somewhere n front of a cop
1996 EXPLORER LIMITED

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Ok thanks for the info.but at work my computer catalog doesnt show that option. It only shows blower motor, blower motor resister or blower moter switch which i checked out all and cannout find this speed control part.
GLICIOUS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
snoranger
Elite Explorer
Jackson, NJ

94 limited on 35's

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Try Ford p/n xl2h-19e624-ab. I just got the whole set-up from Al (the previous poster) and I happen to have the motor controller on my desk, in front of me.

Ranger bed trailer build
snoranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
Colorado Great
Colorado Springs, CO
2004 Limited

Vehicle Specs

Exclamation IF you have Automatic Climate control get RIGHT part.

1st problem is finding the thing - normally in back of glove compartment left of blower motor - I found that taking off glove compartment fully gives you much more room and doesn't add lot of time. I then undid the 1 or 2 8MM screws and allowing it to be pulled out gave you much better access to pull off connector. PLEASE NOTE that if you have a "Automatic" system the parts houses will not give you the correct part!!!! I called Ford and got a part number then crossed to a BWD part. On a 2004 Explorer you need a BWD RU1267 about $60 Ford wanted $140. As a side note (fan does not work) - their is a 30A "square" fuse in engine compartment which should be checked -0n a 2004 Explorer I think #36.
Colorado Great is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: