Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer 5th Generation Explorer > 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch

Notices

2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT). Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch issues, and problems, navigation, back up camera, bluetooth, DVD, cell phone, Sony, Sirius, key fob, keyless entry, BLISS, voice commands, etc.

Do I want to run a vehicle health report - NO!

Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
dco43054
cmh
11 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Do I want to run a vehicle health report - NO!

Hey - IVT group - we need a new selection when MFT/Sync asks if I want to run a Vehicle Health Report: "NO!" I don't wan't to run one now, and I don't want to be reminded later.

I don't need my vehicle mileage, et.al. transmitted to Ford to receive more marketing materials. If there is a real problem, tell me about it and let's leave it at that, m'kay?

I really don't want to take my phone number out of Sync as there may be a time when I want or need services, like 911 Assist - but I don't want Vehicle Health Reports to run, and I don't want to be reminded about every couple days.
dco43054 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
GWA1
New Castle, DE
2011 Explorer Limited AWD

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can't remember my Ex asking to run report after the first time. That was April, 2011.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep
Dearborn, MI

Ford Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dco43054 View Post
Hey - IVT group - we need a new selection when MFT/Sync asks if I want to run a Vehicle Health Report: "NO!" I don't wan't to run one now, and I don't want to be reminded later.

I don't need my vehicle mileage, et.al. transmitted to Ford to receive more marketing materials. If there is a real problem, tell me about it and let's leave it at that, m'kay?

I really don't want to take my phone number out of Sync as there may be a time when I want or need services, like 911 Assist - but I don't want Vehicle Health Reports to run, and I don't want to be reminded about every couple days.
Hey, dco43054!

You can turn it off. Please do the following:

I > SYNC APPS > VEHICLE HEALTH REPORT > OFF

Hope this helps!

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford
FordIVTteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
dco43054
cmh
11 XLT

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey, dco43054!

You can turn it off. Please do the following:

I > SYNC APPS > VEHICLE HEALTH REPORT > OFF

Hope this helps!

Rebecca
Thanks, Rebecca.

I really don't want to turn it all the way off as there are times I might like it to run. But I would really like the opportunity to just say "no" and let it reset itself for the next cycle.

Maybe add that to the next MFT refresh (after the Big Update). I guess in the mean time I'm just going to turn it off.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
charliez
Seattle, WA
'11 XLT 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can still run it manually when you want it. The setting Rebecca mentioned is to turn off the auto reminder. Perfect answer I think to your need :-)
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
dco43054
cmh
11 XLT

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
You can still run it manually when you want it. The setting Rebecca mentioned is to turn off the auto reminder. Perfect answer I think to your need :-)
Thanks for that. I did realize that. What I want is just a third button that says "No". I don't mind the initial reminder to run it, I just want to choose to only receive one, when it reminds me the first time.

Last edited by dco43054; 01-18-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
calb
2012 AWD Explorer Limited

Vehicle Specs

CAN

I'd love to run a vehicle health report.

Any word on whether Sync Services will ever come to Canada, Rebecca?
calb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep
Dearborn, MI

Ford Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calb View Post
I'd love to run a vehicle health report.

Any word on whether Sync Services will ever come to Canada, Rebecca?
I haven't heard anything recently, calb. I know Ford of Canada tweeted that they were still looking into it.

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford
FordIVTteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
calb
2012 AWD Explorer Limited

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
I haven't heard anything recently, calb. I know Ford of Canada tweeted that they were still looking into it.

Rebecca
Hi Rebecca:

I don't tweet (or chirp, or cluck ) and its been another 6 months. Wondered if there has been anything more out of Ford Canada about Vehicle Health Reports?

I'm puzzled as to why this would be an issue as other than the Km versus miles, it should be a simple item to add, and would perhaps notify us to go to the dealer more often.
calb is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: