Valet Mode code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Valet Mode code

triviaux

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2011
Dear all,

i tried to activate the valet mode in my ford explorer but a NIP code is required does anyone know where I can found this code ?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Valet mode

Valet mode allows you to lock the system so that none of your
information on the system can be accessed until it is unlocked with the
correct PIN.

1. Press Menu > Vehicle > Valet mode.
2. Select ‘Enable valet mode’.
3. When prompted, enter a four digit PIN.

Note: After you press to ‘Continue’ the system will be locked until the
correct PIN is entered again.

Note: If you are locked out and need to reset the PIN, you can enter
3681 and the system will unlock.

So, if 3681 will unlock it, what is the use in locking it? Or is that just so you can retry typing in your pin? Or am I missing something.... lol :)

not sure, I have not tried it, just pulled that from the manual. If it does unlock it no matter what......like you said, whats the point. Any valet can get ahold of that code.

I love this forum.. so please don't take this out of context. But...

Valets (all of whom are criminals) all over the country are studying downloaded user manuals; memorizing each unlock code, for each model year, for every car manufacturer. They're hoping that on their given day, on their given shift you drive up AND you've set the lock code AND you don't have and envelope, registration card or another identifiable piece of info in your car. My gosh... the horrible things that could happen.

Now before someone starts giving examples and proving me wrong, I'm simply trying to state that in my view, the valet code is small measure assurance for us to hopefully stop someone from messing with presets or even something worse. Statistically speaking I would assume that with a lock code 'on' the chances of anything going wrong are essentially 'nil' .

Oh wait.. silly me.. forget the above. We've just posted the unlock code above for the whole world to see (JK :D ).

We've just posted the unlock code above for the whole world to see (JK :D ).

It wasn't me. I pulled it from Ford's website. Blame it on them, they did it first.:D

Dear all,

i tried to activate the valet mode in my ford explorer but a NIP code is required does anyone know where I can found this code ?

Thanks

You pick the PIN code. Just enter the numbers you want.

Oh wait.. silly me.. forget the above. We've just posted the unlock code above for the whole world to see (JK :D ).

Wait, do you mean this unlock code, 3681 ? :D

From reading the instructions myself, the super secret code only unlocks the incorrect PIN entry lockout mode, allowing you to enter in the correct PIN. It does not look like it defeats the valet mode.

I think we can all rest assured that no state secrets have been revealed in this thread... :)

From reading the instructions myself, the super secret code only unlocks the incorrect PIN entry lockout mode, allowing you to enter in the correct PIN. It does not look like it defeats the valet mode.

no.. it unlocks the screen... it's a master unlock code....

The screen lock is not meant to be a security measure by any means, it just stops (or deters) those from altering presets, destinations, etc...

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification :)

I love this forum.. so please don't take this out of context. But...

Valets (all of whom are criminals) all over the country are studying downloaded user manuals; memorizing each unlock code, for each model year, for every car manufacturer. They're hoping that on their given day, on their given shift you drive up AND you've set the lock code AND you don't have and envelope, registration card or another identifiable piece of info in your car. My gosh... the horrible things that could happen.

Now before someone starts giving examples and proving me wrong, I'm simply trying to state that in my view, the valet code is small measure assurance for us to hopefully stop someone from messing with presets or even something worse. Statistically speaking I would assume that with a lock code 'on' the chances of anything going wrong are essentially 'nil' .

This is very accurate.

Please also make sure that in your glovebox you dont have your insurance or registration documents with your home address. Keep them hidden somewhere or keep only a photocopy in the vehicle with address removed or blocked out.

Also when you hand them the keys they only get the fob WITHOUT any of your personal keys attached....ALWAYS NO ACCEPTION.

Remember there is a reason the guy is a Valet.

I guess I'm not highfalutin enough, I've never had my car valet parked! :D

Valet Mode and Documents

One thing I really had to get used to for me when I purchased my 2012 Explorer Limited Edition was that there was no Key - just a FOB. Then I saw that the glove compartment has a key hole in it to lock it physically... so I asked my dealer how I would lock that - and lo and behold - my FOB actually has a key inside it (the little switch on the top back corner) you can use that to lock the glove compartment so no one will get into there.

I keep all my insurance and required driving docs - (plus hidden really well is some emergency cash and a prepaid CC if I ever forget my wallet or something) - I keep all that in the binders given w/ the automobile at time of purchase - and I leave the master unlock code for my vehicle in there too vs my wallet. I set up a second personal code for me to use instead of the master. Not sure which is the best practice on that code.

The Valet Mode on the Touchscreen is just the same as a key lock on the glove compartment - to keep the from getting in there - but it's no gonna be 100%, 100% of the time. But who really has that much personal information stored in the Touch system? seems to me to be just to keep them from messing w/ your settings.

Just thought I'd throw my .02 cents in there.

AND it's my FIRST POST - I Love this place.....

Look forward to getting to know you all..lol

DDATCHI

AND it's my FIRST POST - I Love this place.....

Look forward to getting to know you all..lol

DDATCHI

Welcome DDATCHI!

This is an awesome place brimming full of information and populated by a great collection of characters. Start digging into the search function and you can find just about anything you want (or don't want, lol) to know about the Explorer.

Happy driving.

Back