Thinking of picking up a Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin 4.6L V8 AWD Question on the AWD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thinking of picking up a Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin 4.6L V8 AWD Question on the AWD

jrford

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac
Just to confirm. . .
I’ve be an Ex owner for 8 years now, with the V8 AWD package. Been thinking of picking up an 2010 ST Adrenalin. After searching and reading is it true that the AWD Adrenalin is nothing more than a CommandTrac (4wd) minus the switches? Mainly it will be a tow vehicle, but if its not true AWD then . . .changes things. So its not the same as my BW4410, but a BW4411

Has anyone tried to install a BorgWarner 4410 (true AWD, no switches, center Diff and Viscous clutch) in any ‘08+STs?

My question came after I read this: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342202

Thanks

i wondered the same thing about swapping in a 4410, but i like the option to lock in 4hi, even though cant use 4low. Its still on my list of things to do to get 4low working on my adrenalin ...

So to answer your question yes im sure its possible but would imagine there will be issues with traction control, etc.

This is what i could find part wise:
Explorer, Mountaineer, 1 Speed Transfer Case, 5 Speed, From 1/30/06
Explorer, Mountaineer, 1 Speed Transfer Case, 6 Speed Auto, From 1/30/06
Explorer, Mountaineer, 2 Speed Transfer Case, 5 Speed Auto, From 1/27/06
Explorer Sport Trac, 4.0L, From 6/10/08 To 9/15/09
Explorer Sport Trac, 4.0L, From 9/15/09
Explorer Sport Trac, From 5/28/08

I'm guessing the 1speed is the 4410; 2 speeds 4411; interesting the sport trac has only one xfr case for the v8???? It would be cool to actually get the Part No. But it looks like the '08 Sport Trac V8 only got the 4411 (modified). . .confirms what everyone is saying. This helps, as i can look for any V8 dosn't matter . . .

Back