Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer 5th Generation Explorer > 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch

Notices

2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT). Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch issues, and problems, navigation, back up camera, bluetooth, DVD, cell phone, Sony, Sirius, key fob, keyless entry, BLISS, voice commands, etc.

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
baxterdown
Fort Lauderdale, FL
2011 Limited

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Come on, like you didn't know it's coming!?! LOL!

Current: 2011 Ford Explorer Limited FWD. White Platinum Tri-Coat, Light Stone, Rapid Spec 302A, 2nd-Row Bucket Seats, 2nd-Row Console, Dual Panel Moonroof, 20" Polished Wheels, color-match bumpers and trim. 2010 R350 4MATIC (Partner's). Alpine Rain, Cashmere, Premium 1 and Sport Appearance Packages. Gone But Not Forgotten: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2009 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2009 Ford Flex, 2008 Mercedes-Benz ML350, 2008 Mercedes-Benz E350, 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230, 2005 BMW X5.
baxterdown is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
suzook
Stony Brook, Long Island
2012 Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1st bug! My nav isn't working! Ohhhh.....I need a new nav card???? Lol.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
cnsheets
2011 Explemoner

Vehicle Specs

Dislike: MFT 4 quadrants home screen does not show RDS info, however, if you are on the radio screen, it shows song information, if you are on Climate screen, it shows song information in lower left entertainment tab, same with in Nav.... I know I can see song info on right hand cluster, but I would like to see it on the 4 quadrant home screen.
cnsheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
smithj33
Austin, Texas
2012 Explorer XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Arrow

1. The name of the phone connected overlaps the phone signal meter in the upper left.
2. When streaming over Bluetooth, track info shows on the main display but the instrument cluster shows Bluetooth Stream Detected instead of track info. Previous MFT showed track info on both.

I have a thread outlining some USB issues with MFT and the iPhone.
smithj33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
chimoman
B
New Brunswick
Explorer 2011 Ltd

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnsheets View Post
Dislike: MFT 4 quadrants home screen does not show RDS info, however, if you are on the radio screen, it shows song information, if you are on Climate screen, it shows song information in lower left entertainment tab, same with in Nav.... I know I can see song info on right hand cluster, but I would like to see it on the 4 quadrant home screen.
Song info is on the 4 quadrant home screen. In the square.
chimoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
cnsheets
2011 Explemoner

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimoman View Post
Song info is on the 4 quadrant home screen. In the square.
It shows it when I am using USB, but does not show when on FM. FM shows only when I am on all other screens except the main 4 quadrant home page. The 4 quadrant home screen only shows me the FM station number, such as 98.7, but nothing else.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Joe Dirt
Elite Explorer

07 Camry

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Did it show all the time before? I know some stations don't list info all the time for all shows, and some stations don't have info at all.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
cnsheets
2011 Explemoner

Vehicle Specs

Yes it showed all the time before for that particular station as well as other stations. If I switch to the entertainment tab, it shows it.... if I immediately switch to the 4 quadrant home view, it shows nothing
Old 03-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
chimoman
B
New Brunswick
Explorer 2011 Ltd

Vehicle Specs

Yep. You're right. That sucks. I guess we'll have to get use to using the right cluster.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
chimoman
B
New Brunswick
Explorer 2011 Ltd

Vehicle Specs

I have to bite my lip everytime that I use the word. CLUSTER. There is a word that starts with F and ends in K that follows that word. Nope, it's not Firetruck. This upgrade release has turned into a big giant cluster....... ck
Old 03-16-2012, 01:04 AM   #11
2k11Explorer

Vehicle Specs

1. Phone answer button occasional wont show up in the screen forcing me to find the phone to answer it.

2. Black screen o death showed it's ugly head today.

3. Audio source keeps dropping from Sirius to radio between drives. It also will drop from BT to Radio.

4. Bluetooth seems to have wind noise occasionally. This is audible to the person you call and only for the first minute or so then it goes away.

5. Caller ID fails quite often. Unknown caller displayed.
2k11Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #12
chimoman
B
New Brunswick
Explorer 2011 Ltd

Vehicle Specs

Did you go back to your dealer and ask them to do the install? As I understand it they didn't go to the PTS site to check your vehicle. You may be missing something in the hardware dept that was put on later models. ?????

Edit: I made the above comments as I was told by a Ford Employee that this was true. WRONG.

Last edited by chimoman; 03-16-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
Rial
Explorer XLT 4WD 2011

Vehicle Specs

I installed V 2.0 on Friday. Worked well until Sunday. Then

1) The "eternal indexing cycle" for the USB started again. Voice command were not available. Had to re-index manually and then it worked ok.

2) Today, and for one complete drive, entertainment was unavailable. Could not turn on radio or USB. After I dropped my daughter at school (engine off and doors closed/alarm on) and restarted, it worked OK.

3) Does not show pictures in the phone agenda.

Do not think it should be the expected behavior for an allegedly fully tested new version...
Rial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #14
harlenm
Shelton, CT
2013 Limited(lemon swap)

Vehicle Specs

location arrow disappears under street name. I actually find this really annoying.

harlenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
jrmexplorer
Elite Explorer
2011 Limited

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rial View Post
I installed V 2.0 on Friday. Worked well until Sunday. Then

1) The "eternal indexing cycle" for the USB started again. Voice command were not available. Had to re-index manually and then it worked ok.

2) Today, and for one complete drive, entertainment was unavailable. Could not turn on radio or USB. After I dropped my daughter at school (engine off and doors closed/alarm on) and restarted, it worked OK.

3) Does not show pictures in the phone agenda.

Do not think it should be the expected behavior for an allegedly fully tested new version...
Other members have reported some weird behavior after installing until a fuse pull.
jrmexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #16
jrmexplorer
Elite Explorer
2011 Limited

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimoman View Post
Did you go back to your dealer and ask them to do the install? As I understand it they didn't go to the PTS site to check your vehicle. You may be missing something in the hardware dept that was put on later models. ?????

Edit: I made the above comments as I was told by a Ford Employee that this was true. WRONG.
Actually. . .

According to the official ford bulletin, if syncmyride says to take it to the dealer. TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. Apparently they need to completely reflash the system.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #17
StunnedMonkey
Fort Wayne, IN
2011 XLT

Vehicle Specs

This happens to me all the time, and it never happened previous to this upgrade. I'll select BT Audio and it will show it as selected, but FM (or whatever was previously playing) will remain displayed and playing. Clicking BT Audio over and over does nothing (as it's already "selected") and I need to switch over to some third screen (like USB or something) and then back over to BT. You can see below that BT Audio is selected and highlighted, but FM is still active in the window.

StunnedMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #18
Joe Dirt
Elite Explorer

07 Camry

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmexplorer View Post
Actually. . .

According to the official ford bulletin, if syncmyride says to take it to the dealer. TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. Apparently they need to completely reflash the system.

Exactly. I even posted the page on the dealer paperwork that says that, with the 3 event codes. But, it was deleted with a lot of other posts in that thread.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
Rial
Explorer XLT 4WD 2011

Vehicle Specs

Another smaller issue. The battery and signal drawings are not polished at all, the bars have not the same width.

Rial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #20
jrmexplorer
Elite Explorer
2011 Limited

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StunnedMonkey View Post
This happens to me all the time, and it never happened previous to this upgrade. I'll select BT Audio and it will show it as selected, but FM (or whatever was previously playing) will remain displayed and playing. Clicking BT Audio over and over does nothing (as it's already "selected") and I need to switch over to some third screen (like USB or something) and then back over to BT. You can see below that BT Audio is selected and highlighted, but FM is still active in the window.

I had that happen to the point where I had to pull fuse 29. Hasn't happened since.

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page