Wanted - Knock Sensor - 1997 Ford Explorer 4.0 OHV - Location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Knock Sensor - 1997 Ford Explorer 4.0 OHV - Location

Parts or services wanted

Orleans

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explore Limited
I need help to know where exactly is the knock sensor on 1997 Ford Explorer OHV. And plug in which it must be connected.
I bought a used engine and can not find.
I appreciate any help and images are very welcome.: Thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need help to know where exactly is the knock sensor on 1997 Ford Explorer OHV. And plug in which it must be connected.
I bought a used engine and can not find.
I appreciate any help and images are very welcome.: Thumbsup:
My understanding is there is no knock sensor. If someone knows if there is one or not, I would like to know also.

The SOHC has one. The OHV doesnt.

OK, if you want to believe some parts web sites.... Have fun looking for it.

:popcorn: If you find it, post some pics. I'll be waiting quietly.

live in Brazil?

If you live in Brazil then you probably have the SOHC V6 instead of the OHV V6. It is located in the valley between the heads under the lower intake manifold.
KnockSensor2.jpg

I was worried for the excess of popcorn does not damage your stomach, so I decided to send the pictures as soon as possible.
In the Ford parts catalog appears the knock sensor (1)
In harness again appears kncok sensor connector. (2)
So everyone is wrong and you're right?
To help you, the catalog service is in Spanish. The knock sensor connector is the number 4.

88632469.jpg

79064548.jpg

If you live in Brazil then you probably have the SOHC V6 instead of the OHV V6. It is located in the valley between the heads under the lower intake manifold.

2000StreetRod,
Thank you for valuable information.

I never said everyone is wrong. I just said the OHV engine doesnt have a knock sensor, by all means, prove me wrong with a pic. If you do have the SOHC, like Dale said, the knock sensor connector is on the right side valve cover, near the front. As seen below on a SOHC.

I think the knock sensor connector is next to the passenger side valve cover PCV inlet port shown in the photo below.

attachment.php

According to my wiring diagram the wires are yellow/red and dark green/purple which seems to match what's in the photo.

Back