Ford Adrenalin concept truck!?!?!?!? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Adrenalin concept truck!?!?!?!?

SouthernSAR

Reaction score
City, State
Naples, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer ST XLS
Hot damn... Not sure if these pics are already on here, I couldn't find any with a search sooooo here goes

28umlpk.jpg

ixteua.jpg

2njzeix.jpg

I love the look of this... Wonder why it changed so much?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love the look of this... Wonder why it changed so much?
Cauz it's a "concept" and 90% of what's incorporated in a concept vehicle vanishes into thin air.

Prety sweet! Looks like the center console is painted to match. 1 less mod to do :)

Wonder if this will come out when Ford releases the Bronco and F100 remakes....

Scope, that was the Concept design for the 1st Gen ST, it looks sweet but not practical for offroad use without alot of protection.

They kept the taillights in the Actual design but I would take the mirrors over them any day, Damn Ford, should've kept the mirrors !!!!

Rebel, I was referring to how Ford tends to release a ton of "concepts" and almost NEVER follow thru with them... 3 years ago they released some Bronco and F100 pics and those fell off the radar right quick...

Rebel, I was referring to how Ford tends to release a ton of "concepts" and almost NEVER follow thru with them... 3 years ago they released some Bronco and F100 pics and those fell off the radar right quick...
That is kind of what the purpose of the modern day "concept" car is, as opposed to a production-intent vehicle. Concept cars are test beds for design, feasibility, public interest and, more often these days, general "PR" showcase items just to get people interested in the brand (and not necessarily the model itself). So while the Bronco or F100 may not have made it into production, some design elements, among other things, may have made it to other vehicles in production.

I dont follow how anything from a modern Bronco of F100 has made it into anything Ford has... the Explorer has been less off road ready than ever and they nixed all small trucks and gone to full size ones...

I dont follow how anything from a modern Bronco of F100 has made it into anything Ford has... the Explorer has been less off road ready than ever and they nixed all small trucks and gone to full size ones...
Well I said "may" - as in it also may not have. But if you thought of Ford's logo (and perhaps the overall brand itself) of when you first saw the modern Bronco and F100 in a magazine or online or whatever, then from a corporate perspective, that "concept" car has probably fulfilled its purpose of getting the customer excited about Ford again.

I'm still diggin the hidden winch and the skid plate.

I agree I want those mirrors! I've been dying to find something that looks like that to replace the tiny car mirrors I have. Ugh.

Kinda like it- but it resembles a Toyota to me way too much.

The factory mirrors aren't too bad when the Trac is stock but when you lift it there's too many blind spots even with stick on spot mirrors.

Another point to remember:

Concept vehicles are free from meeting federal safety and crash standards. Surely a winch in the front would void some NTSB regulation or hurt crash test ratings and thereby be dropped. If we kept Washington out of it, we could have more of the vehicles we really want!

Good point but Dodge came out with the "newer" Power Wagon with a winch in the front bumper.

Lol. True, Dodge does listen to it's loyal followers and keeps it's trucks that people want and build them with options like a hidden winch, bedside hidden toolboxes, etc...

Another point to remember:

Concept vehicles are free from meeting federal safety and crash standards. Surely a winch in the front would void some NTSB regulation or hurt crash test ratings and thereby be dropped. If we kept Washington out of it, we could have more of the vehicles we really want!
Heck yeah!! I mean I should be able to drive, at the very least, a tank on the highway as a daily driver, maybe even a submarine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol !!!

Back