Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 1991 - 1994 Explorer Ranger Navajo 1st Generation > Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers

Notices

Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers For questions related to the base Ford Explorer. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications. No modification questions.

How much would it cost to lift a 1994 Ford Explorer?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
suto
Wyoming
1994 Ford Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
US How much would it cost to lift a 1994 Ford Explorer?

Hi, I have a 1994 Ford Explorer. I like to do off roading and would like to put a lift on my truck. I am a high schooler so I don't have a really high budget. I only want to lift it maybe 2 to 3 inches because I don't want to make it unbalanced, just enough to clear a few more objects. I just recently had a re-manufactured engine in it so I have no intention of getting a new vehicle. What would be the different options to lift it and how much do you think they would cost? Also, any advice on how to stop or get rid of rust would be nice also (especially on the bottom of the truck).
suto is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
coreman23
Big Bear, CA
92 XLT

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suto View Post
Hi, I have a 1994 Ford Explorer. I like to do off roading and would like to put a lift on my truck. I am a high schooler so I don't have a really high budget. I only want to lift it maybe 2 to 3 inches because I don't want to make it unbalanced, just enough to clear a few more objects. I just recently had a re-manufactured engine in it so I have no intention of getting a new vehicle. What would be the different options to lift it and how much do you think they would cost? Also, any advice on how to stop or get rid of rust would be nice also (especially on the bottom of the truck).
There is a lot of information on the site for cheap options to lift your truck. For a relatively cheap amount, you can create enough room for 33's. I can't remember off hand, but if you search around you will find it.
coreman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Bruces expo
Elite Explorer
Middle GA

91 Mazda Navajo

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Well for Starters if you only want 2-3" of lift , you can get Skyjacker 2" lift coils with Front shocks , then get the front end aligned , in the rear you can get Warrior Shackles Part Number WAR-153 I Believe , OR You Can Get A 2" Or 3" Body lift and There Pretty Easy to Put On If your Truck Was Not Rusty , For the Rust ,I prefer Rust-oleum Paint , But Other Than That I Do Not Know Much About The rust Issue In Wyoming , I've Drove Through There Once Or Twice Though

ZAPV#161, 91 Navajo, 3" Bodylift , 2" Skyjacker Coils,Skyjacker shocks , Auto Zone Shackles . Home Made CAI. Thrush Welded Muffler ,Warn locking hub's,Throttle cable mod ,Deleted rear swaybar ,Front sway bar disco's , Clear turns ,Clear tail's,33" Dayton Timberline AT's On Aluminum wheels .
http://www.thequadconnection.com/portal.php
Click the Link For All Your Atv/Quad Needs ! .
Bruces expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Bruces expo
Elite Explorer
Middle GA

91 Mazda Navajo

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Sorry and Welcome To The Site , First Gens Are Pretty Easy To Learn With Btw !

ZAPV#161, 91 Navajo, 3" Bodylift , 2" Skyjacker Coils,Skyjacker shocks , Auto Zone Shackles . Home Made CAI. Thrush Welded Muffler ,Warn locking hub's,Throttle cable mod ,Deleted rear swaybar ,Front sway bar disco's , Clear turns ,Clear tail's,33" Dayton Timberline AT's On Aluminum wheels .
http://www.thequadconnection.com/portal.php
Click the Link For All Your Atv/Quad Needs ! .
Bruces expo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: