Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > New Members - Photo Gallery- Explorer Registries - Features - Reviews > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves to our family of Ford Explorer enthusiasts Welcome aboard!!

ECC codes

Old 05-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
akirakitten
myrtle Beach, SC
1994 2 door Explorer 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Unhappy ECC codes

Hello, ive been a memeber for a while, but only been on twice casue i got locked out, then forgot to try again, lol....omg way to much stuff going on....ANYWHO...

1994 Explorer 4x4 sport v6(duh, lol)
went and towed a VERY small load today, first time ever towing and well, ran into s few problems...got most of them figured out...(omg blonde moments) like lets see, thought my tranny was slipping, reving continuously, turns out, my dumb ass hit the button to turn on my AC(whole nuther issue, lol) which doesnt work, but the compressor DOES work, so it was kicking on and off, which i felt and thought was my tranny....second...burniong wood smell(thought OMG also tranny) nope had trailer loaded wrong, was burning trailer tires ....not mine either...., so down to the MAIN problem

it stalled like it ran out of gas about 7 times in a 30 min trip.....if not more, sputtering, gas pedal not doing much, slow down, stall, just like it was out of gas...so i figure (with all other issues figured out, lol) it is either fuel pump...OR just fuel filter.....any ideas? think im right?

Yes it does need to be changed(filter) i even have it, it needs a tune up, oil and all, i have all parts, but it hasnt gotten done yet since i have never worked on one before, im nervous about doing it myself with no one around, for the first time, incase i need help, ran to store, etc....and no one has been around...sucks being alone...

OK, so i checked my codes....this is what i got...(yeah finally to my main question...sorry)

KOEO
current code 111...all systems normal....right?
stored code 186....?????
i have the chiltons, nothing in it over 99, so i checked 86....it is "3-4 shift solenoid circuit failure.....that would make sense....so is it a code 186(if so what is it) or is the 1 normal for something, and the 86 a seperate code as found above?

KOER
3-v6
111---should be all system normal...right???

THANKIES sorry for such long post

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Suggest this thread to friends:

Tags
eec, electronic control codes, fuel filter, fuel pump