Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2006 - 2010 Explorer Mountaineer 4th Generation > Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers

Notices

Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers Stock 2006 -2010 Ford Explorer Forum. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications.

06 Ford Explorer Cylinder 6 misfire

Old 06-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
jamica
Minnesota
97 explorer eb

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
06 Ford Explorer Cylinder 6 misfire

My 06 V8 Explorer has been driving kind of goofy for a couple of months. It started only occurring around 55 mph where it pulls funny and if I give it more gas its fine. Then it started happening a lot more and the check engine light would flash about 20 times then shut off. Sometimes there is a really load clunk noise that occurs as well. I finally brought it in last Tuesday and the mechanic said there is defiantly something not right but there were not any codes and that I needed to wait until the check engine light came on and stayed on. Of course 3 days later the light came on and stayed on and I immediately brought it back in. They said that the code read as a mis fire on cylinder 6 and they replaced the spark plugs and the ignition coil. My explorer is still driving weird. Its better, but still not right. Any ideas of what it might be? Should I bring it back to the shop I had it at or man up and bring it to the dealership.

Thanks!
jamica is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
mounted
Texas
2006 Mercury Mountaineer

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had this problem on my Mounty, the dealer did a transmission software update and with new plugs its gone away completely.
mounted is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: