Support messages Galaxy S III | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Support messages Galaxy S III

Tavin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Limite 2016
I'm thinking about buying the new Galaxy S III, and asked if messages shall support MTF, this phone is not on the compatibility list, someone has an answer, thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm thinking about buying the new Galaxy S III, and asked if messages shall support MTF, this phone is not on the compatibility list, someone has an answer, thanks

There is no reason why it shouldn't, the S2 does.

It sure does. Works wonderfully, got mine yesterday.

My s2 messages works, but only when it stays paired up long enough....Im finding out that its not only in the explorer mft but also my wife's focus mft....

Thanks for your answers

It sure does. Works wonderfully, got mine yesterday.

Congratulations on your new phone. If you have the time, could you stop by this THREAD and share all the info you can? Thanks :)

Hi, Tavin!

We have yet to test the Samsung Galaxy S3 with MyFord Touch, but awesome people like dutchman71 have said it works great; others have had problems transferring their phonebook. Just in case you need them, here are the instructions to manually push contacts to MFT:

Press the Phone quadrant > PHONE > SETTINGS > Press the DOWN ARROW once > MANAGE PHONEBOOK > ADD CONTACTS FROM PHONE > ADD

From your phone, you'll have to go into your phone book, select a contact, bring up the phone menu, select SHARE, and it should give you an option to send via Bluetooth.

Let me know if you have any questions, and have fun with your new phone if you decide purchase it!

Rebecca

Rebecca- I'm only posting my initial reaction, not coming down on you, so this is my constructive criticism...

Ford is on the "cutting edge" of tech, yet they have yet to even test the fastest selling gadget in history (9 million pre-orders of the S III vs 4 million pre-orders of the iPhone 4s) and the flagship of Samsung Mobile?

C'mon- your bosses have to step up their game on this- buyers shouldn't have to rely on other users to test connectivity since many of them buy a new phone to hook to MFT, then are stuck with a contract if it doesn't work... :)

Thanks for putting up with us, you're very appreciated around these parts!

Yes works perfectly on my s3. Reads my emails out loud and displays them on screen.

Rebecca- I'm only posting my initial reaction, not coming down on you, so this is my constructive criticism...

Ford is on the "cutting edge" of tech, yet they have yet to even test the fastest selling gadget in history (9 million pre-orders of the S III vs 4 million pre-orders of the iPhone 4s) and the flagship of Samsung Mobile?

C'mon- your bosses have to step up their game on this- buyers shouldn't have to rely on other users to test connectivity since many of them buy a new phone to hook to MFT, then are stuck with a contract if it doesn't work... :)

Thanks for putting up with us, you're very appreciated around these parts!

Don't worry, Joe Dirt, I don't take it personally. I like being in this forum; you guys and gals are fun! :) I'll pass along your feedback to the powers above!

Rebecca

The Phonebook function is horribly broken.... Yes, you can manually transfer contacts ONE AT A TIME. If you try to transfer all of your contacts they will not stay in MFT's memory. At least I could not get it to work, even after trying 9 times (different days, trips).

MFT will not let the S3 play Pandora through the USB connection. I don't know if it supposed to wrk that way or not, but "logically to me" it should.

The Phonebook function is horribly broken.... Yes, you can manually transfer contacts ONE AT A TIME. If you try to transfer all of your contacts they will not stay in MFT's memory. At least I could not get it to work, even after trying 9 times (different days, trips).

MFT will not let the S3 play Pandora through the USB connection. I don't know if it supposed to wrk that way or not, but "logically to me" it should.

You can't play audio through the usb port.

You can't play audio through the usb port.

I can vouch for this. I can connect my S3 to MFT. Phone works fine but I can't stream any music from USB or BT both. I don't know the reason and solution.....

The limitation is with Samsung phones, not MFT. So you basically can't use the USB with the Galaxy phones.

An Update,

Just came back from Service center. They did a master reset on MFT and now Samsung S3 is working perfectly. Phone is working and music can be streamed through Bluetooth and USB both. Problem solved.

Do the contact pictures show up with the S3 om MFT? Mine currently do on my Atrix was wondering if that will work also.

Just got my iphone 5 hooked to my sync by my sales guy. He told me it was also to be able to have my text messages 'read', but alas could not get it to work. I still have not had my update done, perhaps that's the problem.

Will be talking my rig in next week for an oil change, and get the update done then.

According phone compatibility list with MTF, no contact Iphon shows fot or text messages, would be good for the Iphon May work with those options

According phone compatibility list with MTF, no contact Iphon shows fot or text messages, would be good for the Iphon May work with those options

what???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Harlenm, I write well in Spanish, the translator betrays me, haha​​, sorry for the mistakes, said that in the list of compatible phones, the Iphon not show the contact photo or read text messages, hopefully the iphon 5 if you can show these characteristics

Back