apim replacement made backup camera not work as well | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

apim replacement made backup camera not work as well

I wish it was only 300 square feet! I mowed it today and I felt all ~6000 of them by the time I finished. :eek:

Sheesh..I've got just about 87,000 sq ft of lawn. Takes about 2.5 hours on the tractor, and hour+ with a push mower and 45 minutes with a weedwhacker...needless to say it's gotten too expensive to weed & feed since the price of fertilizer spiked with the price of fuel. Mother nature takes care of the watering and fertilization...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back on topic. I was gonna post a pic last night of a night shot, but I fell asleep at 6:30. Will take one tonight.

See:

DSC_1322.jpg

Not only are the lines a different color, the little black boxes down the center are thicker on your screen. I wonder if you have the 3rd quarter update installed in your new APIM? ;)

How didu guys get those guidelines while turning? I don't have those on mine.

How didu guys get those guidelines while turning? I don't have those on mine.
I'm not sure if they are just on the Limited or not. The manual says Active Guidelines (if equipped) and Fixed Guidelines.
The setting is Menu/Vehicle/Rear View Camera. The Fixed Guideline options are ON or OFF. The Active Guideline options are, ACTIVE + FIXED, FIXED and OFF.

Peter

I'm not sure if they are just on the Limited or not. The manual says Active Guidelines (if equipped) and Fixed Guidelines.
The setting is Menu/Vehicle/Rear View Camera. The Fixed Guideline options are ON or OFF. The Active Guideline options are, ACTIVE + FIXED, FIXED and OFF.

Peter

Only available if you have active park assist.

Only available if you have active park assist.
Thanks harlenm. Not exactly sure why though since Ford's Active Park Assist uses the front and rear ultrasonic sensors for parking and not the camera as Lexus does. That is one reason they say Ford's system is better.

Peter

It uses the steering angle sensor in the park assist system to create the guidelines of where you are heading, so no park assist = no steering angle sensor = no guidelines

Sheesh..I've got just about 87,000 sq ft of lawn. Takes about 2.5 hours on the tractor, and hour+ with a push mower and 45 minutes with a weedwhacker...needless to say it's gotten too expensive to weed & feed since the price of fertilizer spiked with the price of fuel. Mother nature takes care of the watering and fertilization...

Give me land, lots of land, and a big ass lawn to mow....don't fence me in :)

Maybe it was dirty. I don't know. It doesn't look too bad here, although I swear it used to look better. This is zero light besides the backup lights.

20120708_232717.jpg

Back on topic again :)

I'll have to check our reverse camera at night. I don't recall it being that fuzzy, but then again, fuzzy describes my memory most of the time, lol.

My backup camera used to work great, day or night. At night it was gray, kinda like a camera using night vision. Now when it is dark its just grainy and hard to see anything with any detail. Anyone else notice this? Will call the dealer Monday and schedule yet another visit to see them

Hey, harlenm!

What did your dealership say about this when you called? Let m eknow when you get a chance!

Rebecca

Hey, harlenm!

What did your dealership say about this when you called? Let m eknow when you get a chance!

Rebecca

Never mentioned it. Submitted my request for arbitration today. Hopefully it goes in my favor and I'll be getting a 2013 in the next couple months.

Back