turn signal flasher location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

turn signal flasher location

hey guys.

so i have a 2000 mountaineer. and i just bought the led turn signal flasher that fixes the hyper flash... now im trying to install this thing and i have no clue where its at? according to my searchs it doesnt go anywhere. im just looking for an answer instead of plugging into the wrong spot! so yea does anyone know?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Under your dash, left side in the fuse panel. If you can't find it, lemme know, I'll go out and take a picture for you.

Under your dash, left side in the fuse panel. If you can't find it, lemme know, I'll go out and take a picture for you.

could you take a picture for me good sir? i cant seem to find this

Sorry, I was thinking 1st gen for whatever reason when I responded to you before. On yours, it is a yellow relay under the steering column. You need to remove the plastic lower dash cover, then the metal piece underneath that to get at it.

Also, I'm not sure where you can get a replacement electronic flasher. You will either have to make one... of buy one from ford for $40. Part number is F67Z13350AA if anyone still stocks them. Motorcraft Part # SF631 or AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1R2246 I believe are replacement equivalents... But, you would have to check into it. I can't say for sure.

Post whatever you can find out.

Just an added thought. Since these are Turn signals, and not running lights you are worried about, you might find it easier just to put resistors on them. The difference in the current drawn by a turn signal when you go from incandescent to LED isn't really that big of a deal, so, it isn't like you are defeating the purpose of putting your LEDs in by adding resistors to make the load the same as when the bulb was there.

Also, I'm not sure where you can get a replacement electronic flasher. You will either have to make one... of buy one from ford for $40. Part number is F67Z13350AA if anyone still stocks them. Motorcraft Part # SF631 or AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1R2246 I believe are replacement equivalents... But, you would have to check into it. I can't say for sure.

OP said he already has one but the LED compatible flashers are pretty common at any parts store. I got mine (some off brand) at Auto Zone for $15.

i got it installed today. the thing that was throwing me off is that the original flasher unit was secured down. so i could feel it but couldnt get it off. i took the kick panel and metal panel off and replaced. took a total of 15 minutes. no more hyper flasher.

what brand of flasher did you use and what was the part number?

OP said he already has one but the LED compatible flashers are pretty common at any parts store. I got mine (some off brand) at Auto Zone for $15.

Now I had read on here before that the one Autozone sells isn't the right flasher for a second gen.

Back