Rear Window Hinge | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Window Hinge

BlackOut33

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer Ltd
Hey guys good morning was looking at the back of the window when I was cleaning it and I noticed the rear window left hand side hinge is a bit off compared the right hand side haven't had any issues or anything but I thought I ask.

Its a 2003 Ford Explorer Limited 4.6L V8

Would ford fix this free or do I have to pay?

What's the part # ? Incase I have to pay ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check with ford there was a recall on the hinges for the rear gate.

DOn't put it off. Mine recently broke while on vacation. They corrode where the bolt goes in thru the glass, and have seen the hinge pivot point pull out. Hopefully you are in the recall.

This Monday I'm going to give them a buzz I pray I'm under the recall!

Called Fords to see if there was a recall on the hinges boys with my vin # and unfortunately it's not covered but they told me to swing by Monday morning at the body shop and the guys will have a look and tighten it for me if it's needed.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks

Good luck. I have broke 2 sets of hinges of my 03, not a fun task at $120 per set

Does anyone know the TSB for the recall on the hinges I talked to the Fords body shop and told the manager over there what was going on. He said give me your vin so I did and he said he's going to look into it and see what he can do seemed like a very nice guy he had his mechanic come outside to see the hinges he checked everything and said everything seems very tight and your hinge Is still find the piece that bolts in between is on rock solid so nothing to worry about there but he said to me if there's a recall he would definently take care of it for me if not im still ok with no issues so that's a relief!!!

So if anyone has the TSB recall for the 03 explorer please let me know!

Thanks so I can give it to that Manager... I told him I did some research online and it definently shows a recall on the rear hinges.

There is a web site for Ford where you can put in your VIN and find out what/if there are any recalls on your truck. I saw a link in one of these threads some time ago just don't know where.

Found the link unfortunately no recalls I called the ford # and lodged my complaint so will see what happens

Mechanic had a look at it the pin inside is still there and hasent move he checked to see if they were secure and everything looked good.

Whats the part # tho if it gets worse im going to replace them I have no recalls on mine unfortunately.

Back