Ford Escape Tire Fit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Escape Tire Fit

My girlfriend has a brand new 4x4 Escape. She goes off-road quite a bit w/ it! This Escape came stock w/ 235-70-16 tire size. I found that BFG makes its Mud Terrain in a 245-75-16. will this fit on this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know whether or not it will fit but I did the metric conversions for you. It'll be about an 1.5 inches taller and only about .4 inches wider. The width definitely shouldn't be a problem, the extra .75 inch of radius shouldn't be either, but the best way to find out is to take it somewhere and have a test fit done. Most tire places will do it for free. Speedometer/odometer will be 5% off too, thats probably computer controlled and could be recalibrated by Ford.

I would think it should fit, if not break out the sawzall.

Micheal! Where have you been? I cant wait to hang out w/ all of you this weekend. I need to get your number this time so when I am in your area we can hang out.

i also found some BFG Mud Terrain in 235-85-16. I wonder?????

I was actually pretty surprised at how well it did! Its obviously no explorer, but it can go places that others cant! Rock crawling "No" but getting to hard to reach camp sites or what not "easily" I get behind the wheel and it turns into alot of fun :) Girlfriend Quote "your gonna break my car" Me "no i wont sweety, just buckle up" :) We have fun.

It's funny when girls say "girly" things.

I saw a MotorTrend review of it a while ago on tv. They were jumping it on dirt tails and having some fun. All you can hear when it lands is the bump-stops. Ouch!

I havent had that happen yet! Weve actually had it right up to the air box w/ water and it makes it through! It was actually deep enough to soak the dealer plate and dispose of it! Oopps.... Luckily we were moving fast enough so that the water didnt start coming in! I would have been sleeping on the couch! :) Its just a fun vehicle.

Its almost a 31. She has 235-70-16 now and we want to put 235-85-16 on it! You think it will fit?

WATCH out the Oil Pan is not in a good place on the Ford Escape I have seen a few come in with a big hole in the oil pan. This is a 4 wheel drive car not a SUV

Back