Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 1995 - 2001 Explorer Ranger Mountaineer - Sport thru '03 - 2nd Generation > Modified 1995-2001 Explorers

Notices

Modified 1995-2001 Explorers Questions related to modified 1995-2001 Explorer, Mountaineer, Ranger and 2002+ Sports (2dr). Aftermarket accessories and modifications. Bullbar, running boards, floor mats, cargo mat, DVD headrest, wheels, tires, stereo upgrade, headlights, mud flaps, torsion twist, lift kits, engine swap, transmission swap.

aftermarket radio install

Old 09-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
99XLT-Explorer
inverness FL
1999 xlt explorer 4.0SOHC

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
aftermarket radio install

hey guys tomorrow im going to pick me up a kenwood or pioneer head unit along with the installation kit i picked up the female plug harness. the one where you have to splice in a aftermarket radio plug. also i have the most basic audio system that came with the explorer. the reason for getting the new HU is i wanted some better sound from the stock speaker and im also going to be putting in an amp and 12in sub what im asking for is install pictures and stuff i for the most part know what im doing but if i could get some pictures it would make me understand it more thanks
99XLT-Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
4rd4life
Elite Explorer
nj
99 xlt 4wd

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
try looking in this section
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...isplay.php?f=9
lots of pictures, set ups and how to's. should get u going