Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Body Work & Detailing

Notices

Body Work & Detailing Waxing washing, wheel cleaning and body work. This is the place to discuss those topics.

rocker panels

Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
mitsuman
marion ohio
1997 explorer sport

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
rocker panels

where can i get rocker panels for my 97 explorer sport i need both inner and outer panels
mitsuman is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
sportblack99
uniondale indiana
1999 explorer sport

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LMC truck. Don't think they have the inner though. Just get some sheet steel and cut to fit.
sportblack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
BonesDT
Elite Explorer
Westchester, NY

Red '99 Sport SOHC 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I did a lot of research and chose LMC Truck as well. No one makes inners. Keep in mind that these are Slip-On rocker panels - they do not make this clear. All Explorer rocker panels on the market are Slip-On Type, not cut-out & replace type. This means that they are oversized and intended to just press right over your rusted rocker panels. If you don't use the entire height of the replacement panel, you should have negligible fitment issues when doing the proper cut-out and weld-in replace method.

Mazda M5OD-R1HD, Ranger FX4 shifter, BW 13-54 M, PA 3" body lift, 2" TT, Warrior shackles, hybrid leafs, Monroe Reflex, GY DuraTrac 33x12.5x15, AR Mojave Teflon 15x8, Flowmaster 50 SUV, Power Slot Cryo, Hawk LTS, APC clear lenses, Mustang FR500 steering wheel w/ Cobra airbag, Kenwood DNX9140, Valentine One, Dynamat Xtreme, Autel MaxiDiag US703
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6-Speed (hers)
1989 Shelby Dakota Convertible 5-Speed under restoration
BonesDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
obie
Elite Explorer
Northwest Indiana

1998 5.0 AWD & 03 ST 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Edit: Nevermind, BonesDT is right. I remembered seeing 2 door rockers while ordering mine for a 4 door, but they're slip-ons. The title and description doesn't list them that way, but the picture clearly shows it. Sorry.

Last edited by obie; 10-29-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Misinformation
obie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: