Help! Fuel filter problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! Fuel filter problem

jsmalls

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer
So I decided to change the fuel filter in my wife's 2002 Ford Explorer, after several years of neglect (yes, I know, I waited too long). It was a pain in the arse to remove the lines on the filter due to rust and corrosion but finally did get them off. a small black plastic sleeve came out with the filter from the smaller diameter supply side line of the filter. I put it back in, looked everything over, hooked it back up, and started it up to check for leaks. ALL DRY:thumbsup:. took it off the stands and drove it around for 10 or so minutes, brought it back, checked for leaks again. ALL DRY.:thumbsup: So I started cleaning up and in the midst of the tools was a small yellow O-ring that I have NO CLUE where it came from.:scratch: Can anyone give me any ideas as to which of the 3 lines the o ring came from. I assumed the one that the sleeve came out with but its not leaking and I dont know if it goes before or after the sleeve. Sorry for the long post, just trying to get this fixed right.....Thanks.

Back