Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer 5th Generation Explorer > Stock 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer Discussion

Notices

Stock 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer Discussion 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer reviews, problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications, Ecoboost.

Fog lights install on a Base Explorer

Old 02-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Miaheat
Scottsdale, AZ
2013 Ford Explorer Base

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
US Fog lights install on a Base Explorer

Does anyone know or have a video or images on how to install fog lights on 2013 Explorer base?

the dealer wanted to charge me $399 for the lights not including labor.. Crazy! So i am sure i can fine the fog lights for a better price. but i need some help with the install and also how to pop out the cover where i am going to put the switch which located in the left side of the driver where they have empty buttons for accessories..

Any ideas?
Miaheat is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
peterk9
Ottawa, Ontario area

2014 Lincoln MKT AWD

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaheat View Post
Does anyone know or have a video or images on how to install fog lights on 2013 Explorer base?

the dealer wanted to charge me $399 for the lights not including labor.. Crazy! So i am sure i can fine the fog lights for a better price. but i need some help with the install and also how to pop out the cover where i am going to put the switch which located in the left side of the driver where they have empty buttons for accessories..

Any ideas?
Welcome to the Forum Miaheat.
You might have been better to post this in the 'Modified 2011 +' threads.
I did a quick search and found a couple of threads you may want to read.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...ght=fog+lights

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...ght=fog+lights

There are a few others as well.

Peter

Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Miaheat
Scottsdale, AZ
2013 Ford Explorer Base

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
thanks Peter .. I am new to this
Miaheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
peterk9
Ottawa, Ontario area

2014 Lincoln MKT AWD

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaheat View Post
thanks Peter .. I am new to this
....as we all were at one time. Not a problem. Good luck with your project.

Peter

Suggest this thread to friends: