Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations"® > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer 5th Generation Explorer > Stock 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer Discussion

Notices

Stock 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer Discussion 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer reviews, problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications, Ecoboost.

how to install replace headlight ford explorer 2013 Part Number: 13008

Old 02-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
jones the car
Indiana
2013 explorer sport

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
how to install replace headlight ford explorer 2013 Part Number: 13008

Hi! Gang
I ‘am trying to fit a new headlight assembly (Part Number: 13008) to my explorer sports, looks simple, but is it? Has anyone attempted this and what are the pitfalls? I can see 1 securing nut and 1 clip are there other fixing screws, nut, bolts lurking,
Many thanks
Jonesy
jones the car is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
peterk9
Ottawa, Ontario area

2014 Lincoln MKT AWD

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones the car View Post
Hi! Gang
I ‘am trying to fit a new headlight assembly (Part Number: 13008) to my explorer sports, looks simple, but is it? Has anyone attempted this and what are the pitfalls? I can see 1 securing nut and 1 clip are there other fixing screws, nut, bolts lurking,
Many thanks
Jonesy
Hi Jonesy. Are you replacing the OEM headlight assembly with the same type or the HID unit? Both seem to have the same part number although the HID unit appears to have more items not shown there.
Have you checked out www.fordparts.com? It shows what looks like 3 bolts but I'm not sure if that is all there really is.

Peter

Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
jones the car
Indiana
2013 explorer sport

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Hi! Pete
I’m trying to remove and replace using the original ford headlight assembly for a 2013 sport (part No 13008) on their diagram it shows the two top fixings, which I can see but it also shows two blind fixings one looks like a screw and it’s behind the grill and the other I assume is a clip. Looking on another thread “front grill removal” on the picture he has posted with the grill removed there is no sign of a screw fixing hiding there, I don’t want to start on this project till I have some idea what I am doing.
Jonesy
jones the car is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: