Ford Explorer Sport 2013 vs. 2014 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer Sport 2013 vs. 2014

Phife

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Hello all..I'm new to the forum. I saw lots of great info here and decided to join. I know there's plenty of speculation on timing/expectations of the 2014 Explorer and I'm seeking some insight as well. I really like the current Explorer Sport and came close to a purchase recently until I found that if i get bucket seats for the second row, there are no arm rests or center console available. (can you imagine any lengthy trip without a place to put your drink or more importantly..your ARM!?!?! Gotta wonder what Ford was thinking on that one..) Also, there are currently very limited color choices (just 4 colors) for the Sport. These are both deal breakers in my book as its too much of an investment to not have more/adequate options. Long and short of this...does anyone know if the Sport will have more color options along with armrests or center consoles for 2014?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While the 2014 Explorer has two new colors, Dark Side and Sunset and two colors have been deleted, Ginger Ale and Green Gem, the Sport still is only available in the four colors as the 2013 model. The center console is now an option between the second row bucket seats if you configure it that way.

Thanks for the info Mark. Do you know of any other enhancements that may come via the 2014 Sport? I'm now trying to determine if i should spring for the 2013 or if its worth waiting for the 2014...

Your the Man Mark...I was indeed able to view the PDF. Great info...thx much!!

Back