Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > New Members - Photo Gallery- Explorer Registries - Features - Reviews > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions The place for new members to introduce themselves to our family of Ford Explorer enthusiasts Welcome aboard!!

Ford Explorer Sport 2013 vs. 2014

Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Phife
Atlanta, GA

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Ford Explorer Sport 2013 vs. 2014

Hello all..I'm new to the forum. I saw lots of great info here and decided to join. I know there's plenty of speculation on timing/expectations of the 2014 Explorer and I'm seeking some insight as well. I really like the current Explorer Sport and came close to a purchase recently until I found that if i get bucket seats for the second row, there are no arm rests or center console available. (can you imagine any lengthy trip without a place to put your drink or more importantly..your ARM!?!?! Gotta wonder what Ford was thinking on that one..) Also, there are currently very limited color choices (just 4 colors) for the Sport. These are both deal breakers in my book as its too much of an investment to not have more/adequate options. Long and short of this...does anyone know if the Sport will have more color options along with armrests or center consoles for 2014?
Phife is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
marklboris
2007 F-150

Vehicle Specs

While the 2014 Explorer has two new colors, Dark Side and Sunset and two colors have been deleted, Ginger Ale and Green Gem, the Sport still is only available in the four colors as the 2013 model. The center console is now an option between the second row bucket seats if you configure it that way.
marklboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
Phife
Atlanta, GA

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Thanks for the info Mark. Do you know of any other enhancements that may come via the 2014 Sport? I'm now trying to determine if i should spring for the 2013 or if its worth waiting for the 2014...
Old 03-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
1ATony
EF Vendor +
mass

92 explorer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Welcome to the site

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
marklboris
2007 F-150

Vehicle Specs

Here is the 2014 Explorer changes which was posted in a previous thread:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2bg...TTQ/edit?pli=1

I tried to attach the PDF I have of this document but apparently I am not allowed to attach files.
marklboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
Phife
Atlanta, GA

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Your the Man Mark...I was indeed able to view the PDF. Great info...thx much!!

Suggest this thread to friends: