Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2016 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2011 - 2016 Ford Explorer 5th Generation Explorer > Modified 2011 + Ford Explorer Discussion

Notices

Modified 2011 + Ford Explorer Discussion Ford Explorer accessories and modifications. Ford Explorer Sport tuning. Bullbar, running boards, floor mats, cargo mat, DVD headrest, wheels, tires, stereo upgrade, headlights, mud flaps.

2014 explorer sport

Old 04-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #1
steadfast
BC
2014 explorer sport

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
2014 explorer sport

Hi all New member here. Ordered my wifes 2014 explorer sport white exterior. Sienna/black interior. All options except rear entertainment. I have been a loyal gm fan but after doing some research this sport seems the to be the most bang for our buck. I love the ecoboost! What I hate about this vehicle are the wheels! I am going to add 3M film, probably powdercoat the wheels black or maybe gun metal grey(any pics or suggestions would be appreciated) and try to source out some lighted running boards. I opted out of rear entertainment in favor of hanging some ipad mini's for the kids. Wifes selling the 05 Honda Odyssey when the sport shows up which will be July at best. Looking forward to the second row console.I hope they tone down the bright orange front signal lenses as well.
steadfast is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
OrangeSuedeSofa
Auburn, Washington
2003 Mercury Mountaineer

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Concrats on the new buy, you'll love the Ecoboost power. I don't know why you don't like the stock whee;s, I think they look awesome.

hydraulic camshaft/ Mahle forged pistons ~420hp@crank

P Zero tires
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust
OrangeSuedeSofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
peterk9
Ottawa, Ontario area

2014 Lincoln MKT AWD

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Hi all New member here. Ordered my wifes 2014 explorer sport white exterior. Sienna/black interior. All options except rear entertainment. I have been a loyal gm fan but after doing some research this sport seems the to be the most bang for our buck. I love the ecoboost! What I hate about this vehicle are the wheels! I am going to add 3M film, probably powdercoat the wheels black or maybe gun metal grey(any pics or suggestions would be appreciated) and try to source out some lighted running boards. I opted out of rear entertainment in favor of hanging some ipad mini's for the kids. Wifes selling the 05 Honda Odyssey when the sport shows up which will be July at best. Looking forward to the second row console.I hope they tone down the bright orange front signal lenses as well.
Welcome to the Forum steadfast.
Hopefully the members here will be able to provide some advice on your projects.

Peter

Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
steadfast
BC
2014 explorer sport

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSuedeSofa View Post
Concrats on the new buy, you'll love the Ecoboost power. I don't know why you don't like the stock whee;s, I think they look awesome.
I prefer the all black look. The sport wheels look cheap to me imho.
steadfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends: