Turn signal flasher relay

GPS

Reaction score
City, State
Montego Bay
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Limited 2013 Eco
Hi guys
Anyone knows which relay flasher needs to be install in the 2013 Eco Explorer for install led bulb without flickering?
Thanks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can run resistors instead of changing the flasher module if you want.

Hi guys
Anyone knows which relay flasher needs to be install in the 2013 Eco Explorer for install led bulb without flickering?
Thanks!!!
Welcome to the Forum GPS.:wavey:
Gian Pietro, I checked through the Ford parts catalogue and wasn't able to find a flasher or relay unit for the turn signals.
If you want to look through it, go to www.fordparts.com
Good luck.

Peter

If nothing else, check superbrightleds.com and match up the led flasher to the ones that are currently in there. I'm not sure as I have never had mine out...yet...

Hi Az..64
I know that but i think the relay is a better and clean job, the "problem" is that i don't have the Explorer yet and i would like to work in advance for some modifications that i would like to do, plus leaving in Jamaica makes some stuff a little more complicate.
Thanks.

Try sending a PM to BrightLites, he seems to be fairly deep into the LED game. Worst case scenario, when I get a minute I will go check the style of mine unless somebody beats me to the punch.

Hi Peter
We have almost the same name ;) (Gian Pietro means John Peter).
If it is possible someone can put the indicator light on and ckeck which relay in working and tell me the model N.
It will be really appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help Az..64 :thumbsup:

after some research the rate of flash is determined by the bcm, only way to avoid hyper blink is with load resistors. sorry for the bad news.

Oh!
Many thanks anyway!!!

No problem, be careful though as we installed the resistors on my dads truck and they do get VERY hot. Make sure to place them in such a place they can not touch any wires or plastic.

Is it possible that the hyper flash can be turned off in the BCM like the F-series trucks, the turn signal switch is opperated the same on both trucks,

Is it possible that the hyper flash can be turned off in the BCM like the F-series trucks, the turn signal switch is opperated the same on both trucks,

This I am not sure about, maybe someone else on here has experience with doing them on the F series. I just ran load resistors as I wasn't aware this was an option.

Not sure what you mean by 'hyper flash'. There is no way that I'm aware of to adjust the flash rate of the turn signals on the Explorer.

Peter

Not sure what you mean by 'hyper flash'. There is no way that I'm aware of to adjust the flash rate of the turn signals on the Explorer.

Peter

Hyper flashing is when the flashing is faster than normal. It makes it look like police lights flashing.

Hyper flashing is when the flashing is faster than normal. It makes it look like police lights flashing.
Thank you. I guess I should have read back up the thread a bit. I thought the talk was about our regular turn signal lamps and couldn't understand why they would be in 'hyper' mode. I guess I shouldn't reply to posts as I'm about to shut down and go to bed.:D

Peter

Flasher relay

There was a debate on another thread as to whether the relay in the fuse box actually controlled the flasher rate on the Explorer or whether the computer does it.

Has anyone swapped the relay out for any other type of relay? The new Range Rover's flashers do a double blink which I think is much more attention grabbing and I would love to be able to fit to my Explorer if it's as simple as swapping a relay.

So instead of the flashers going on---off---on---off---on---off they instead go on-on---off---on-on---off---on-on---off

There was a debate on another thread as to whether the relay in the fuse box actually controlled the flasher rate on the Explorer or whether the computer does it.

Has anyone swapped the relay out for any other type of relay? The new Range Rover's flashers do a double blink which I think is much more attention grabbing and I would love to be able to fit to my Explorer if it's as simple as swapping a relay.

So instead of the flashers going on---off---on---off---on---off they instead go on-on---off---on-on---off---on-on---off
As indicated in my PM, I have merged your post with the existing one you probably referred to. There is no need to begin a new post.
As mentioned in this thread there seems to be no physical flash unit. The rate and function is controlled electrically by the control module.

Peter

Folks, little help? Trying to find the flasher relay. Under dash panel off, I can hear it, I can't find it !! I need to replace it. Still works but not when my boat trailer is hooked up. Please and thank you !

Works fine without boat trailer but doesn't flash at all with it hooked up?

LED lights on boat trailer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, but it's worked fine for years. Now? Tail lights work, no brake lights or turn signals. Checked with neighbors Ram truck, works fine.

Back