A/C Recirculation not workin | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C Recirculation not workin

fran_franco

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2013
Hi,

I have a serious problem with my Explorer. I push the recirculation button in the dash and nothing happens.

I get all the smoke smells inside and the A/C is not as efficient as it should be.

Do you know how can I access to the recirculation module or vent to check it, change it or fix it?

Do you know where can I get a diagram or something?

I REALLY NEED TO FIX IT, I AM DESPERATE!!!

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try using max ac this should shut down all outside venting, then just set your fan to lower setting . See if that works

The problem is that doesnt seems to be shuting down the outside intakes at any time. It seems that the mechanism or vent is not moving to stop the outside air intake. I have to Check it directly but I want to be sure about How to get there...

The problem is that doesnt seems to be shuting down the outside intakes at any time. It seems that the mechanism or vent is not moving to stop the outside air intake. I have to Check it directly but I want to be sure about How to get there...
If I were you, I wouldn't fool around with it. Take it to the dealer. That is why they have a warranty. If you start taking things apart, they could say that you may have caused the problem or additional issues.

Peter

I already took it there but they told me I have to wait 15 days for the part to arrive and the smoke is killing me.

According to them this is the part number: CG1Z-19850-D.

I also wanted to know how bad could it be because the don't say a thing, but I don't know anything about cars...

Do you??

I already took it there but they told me I have to wait 15 days for the part to arrive and the smoke is killing me.

I also wanted to know how bad could it be because the don't say a thing, but I don't know anything about cars...

Do you??
According to www.fordparts.com, that is an Evaporator Assembly ($195). Not sure why you are getting smoke or where it could be coming from. I guess you'll have to crack open a window or two. If you have the moon roof, you can tilt that to help clear the smoke.

Peter

the smoke is killing me.

What smoke? Other peoples exhaust? Perhaps you shouldn't follow so closely. I run fresh air 99% of the time and have no problem with smoke or others exhaust unless i'm right up their ass.

I'm also confused. You say that you know nothing about cars yet you're looking for a diagram to fix this yourself? Just wait for the dealer to get the part and have them fix the problem otherwise you'll f--k something up and void your warranty...be patient.

Do you??

Send me a PM with your information, fran_franco; I want to look into some options to assist. Please include your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll get to work! :)

Crystal

Back