Finally Have the Exhaust Pieces 14 ESport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally Have the Exhaust Pieces 14 ESport

Quicksilver

Reaction score
City, State
SoCal the OC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
After getting under the Sport within the first couple days of ownership and seeing how the exhaust gets out of the motor and out from under the car(OMG that front turbo downpipe is miserable!), I've been collecting the pieces to be able to unbolt the factory exhaust, put it on the shelf and hopefully never use it again. However, tuner cars in Cali are VERY frowned upon. In the 'OC' where I live & work there are FOUR separate Govt entities 'controling' the air we breathe and they ALL want to justify their existance:mad: Random roadside emissions checks? Yep, we have those. Drive by emissions meters that aim an IR beam thru your exhaust wake and check for particulate? Yep, seen em posted at freeway onramps. Specially trained LEO's that look for modiifed exahusts or A pillar boost gauges or?? Yep, verified it with a CHP buddy of mine and have also seen those guys opening hoods all over town. You guys get the picture on why guys like me who like to mod their cars for power/performance need to be covert:nono: Anyway, I'm still gonna mod my ExSport, just be under the radar about it. Here's the parts for the downpipe to tailpipe exhaust system. Costa Mesa Muffler (16th& Placentia) has a mandrel bender and Mike is a talented guy, he'll be doing the bending and fitment for me in the next few days:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Quicksilver Ex Componants.jpg
    Quicksilver Ex Componants.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 464
  • Quicksilver Ex Componants 2.jpg
    Quicksilver Ex Componants 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 484

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice. I cant wait to see it and hear some sound clips!

I work not too far from Orange County Muffler, Mike has done some work for me. Let me know when you drop it off, I might swing by.

Nice pics, kudos to the nice contrast on the wood flooring.

Whatever happened to this?

Back