Door lock rod clips

tjsxplodr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer XLT
How the heck do I go about replacing the door lock rod clips? The one on my driver door is gone, and I also don't know where to find one?

Here are some pics of the front passenger side clip of what I am talking about.

For some reason I cannot get my pictures to rotate the correct way. They should be rotated to the left...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The one you show in the pics just snaps on.

easiest to remove the the lock from the door. The black metal retainer just slides out from the lock tumbler, you can then wiggle it off the push rod and pull it out of the door.

Hm the parts that is in the dorman package dont look anything like that clip? Maybe its cuz I havent seen one off the lock yet?

No, the plastic piece that the rod connects to is what I need...

Go to a website called Clips and Fasteners. They have everything

THIS picture from a different thread, is the clip I need.

It is not identical. This does not clip on at all like the picture above....

Hey tjs,

They have that part in the "help" section at Auto Zone, O'Rielley's, etc.

May be out of stock. My local stores usually only have one box at a time, so for a while there I bought a pack every time I found one. Now have lifetime worth of replacements. (there is only one of those in each pack with a bunch of other bits)

The steel spring clip is not vehicle specific and is also in the "help" junk. You can even find them at the hardware store, same clip is used for non-automotive locks as well.

I found the clip here in the junkyard.

Back