How to: - Remove a Stuck Cassette Tape From Radio (Pictures and Video) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Remove a Stuck Cassette Tape From Radio (Pictures and Video)

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

Egyptian bird

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT 6cyl 4.0L SOHC 4x4
Hi All,

My cars do not have an aux-in jack. Also, I don’t like to use FM transmitors through the 12V outlet because some MP3 files work and some do not.

I decided to use a Car cassette adapter, but when I tried to use it,

I found an old cassette stuck in the cassette deck from long time ago, and after many attempts to remove it, I have successfully removed it, and this is how.

Step 1: Remove the Radio (Cassette Deck)

Step 2: Remove the top cover - Some radios have no screws, you only need to pry at it with a screwdriver.

This image was taken after the tape was removed, that is why there is no tape inside.

The Cassette Deck:

Step 3: Here you will need to remove the screws. (In this case, 4)

Step 4: Remove the back screw to get to the mechanism.

After searching I found the problem. When the tape is stuck, the small pin was in the middle, but it should be as shown in the picture. All you do to remove the tape is push that part to the right. Then when you connect the power cable, the tape will come out.

I also sprayed it with CRC (Electrical Cleaner)

And cleaned the reader.

And after using the car cassette adapter a few times, everything works fine.

The key is forget about the model of the cassette deck, if your tape gets stuck, you need to search for the mechanism inside the deck that will release it.

I created a video with the same steps that should also help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C6YxMbqkuk

Thanks a lot,

Marwan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great informative post.
Do you mind if I edit it a little to correct some of the grammar? :)

Great informative post.
Do you mind if I edit it a little to correct some of the grammar? :)

Thank you DjDom, I do not mind for edit it, ِِAlso If it was in the wrong section you can transmit to the correct section.

Thank you DjDom, I do not mind for edit it, ِِAlso If it was in the wrong section you can transmit to the correct section.

It's certainly in the right section. I'm sure it will come in useful.
Almost done editing it.

Thank you very much! :)

Probably Phil Collins Greatest Hits. LOL.

I curious what tape it was! Did you look?

Hi RangerX,

It was Arabic Content :),i was not using tape,i was using FM transmitter through the 12V outlet ,but when i notes some new mp3 file not working (even when change Audio Bitrate to 256 it was 128 or change Sample Rate to 44100 it was 800) i start with using wire tape.

Back