• Register Today It's free!

jmtiseo's '10 Explorer Limited

jmtiseo

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer
Hello everyone. About a year ago I sold my baby, an '04 LS Sport, to help pay down some of my student debt. Ever since I've been fending off the mod bug on my dd Explorer I purchased upon graduating which is more suitable a dd than my LS was when I sold it. Now that I'm in need of tires I've been bit by the mod bug so I figured I would start a thread to track the explorations of my ex's mods.

History:
2nd owner
113k miles
4.6, 4x4, ever option but the rear entertainment and bucket seats and power folding running boards
No mechanical issues, no major mods

Current mods/additions:
Tinted 3% windows, 40% windshield
1 Image Dynamics IDMax 12
1 Kicker ZX1000.1
Sub Enclosure Build Thread

Future potential mods/additions:
265/65R18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s (matter of when not if)
RS5000 shocks or RS5000 shocks w/ Truxxx Lift or Rancho QL Leveling Kit (when shocks need replacing)
Plasti-dip wheels (black)
Color match chrome
Remove roof rack
Mesh grille
SCT w/ tune by Torrie at Fast Parts Network, assuming he does the 4.6 considering he owns a TT Ford GT
Retrofit projectors, paint headlamp bezels

How my Ex sits now:
DSCN0785_zps504a91b8.jpg

DSCN0784_zpsfabb8dc3.jpg

DSCN0788_zpsd9c60d0a.jpg

DSCN0789_zps726b6a96.jpg

DSCN0790_zpsdc36cbe4.jpg

My LS just before it was sold and previous pic:
7DA0309D-337D-49FA-89D2-E6E326BE8059_zpsfxvsoxu9.jpg

7F0B8C2A-E00E-4294-A149-1F2F9AEA624C_zpskvzgetqw.jpg

DSCN0725_zps3ec2e24b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're going to plasti dip the wheels I'd trade you. I have the same wheels in alloy.

I'm on the fence on using plastidip. I tried it before and could not get the finish right. Are you located in SE Michigan?

Picked up the Nittos yesterday and my brother's taking them to work to mount them lightning bolts out today. Will have pics when they're done for your viewing pleasure. Did not see anyone else running these on here in the numerous threads I've sifted through.

Tires fit great and is a night and day difference of grip compared to the worn out set of Firestone Destination LEs. Do not really have anything to compare them to. There is a slight hum at highway speeds but that's just their way of telling you that they're there, forming a symphony with the Explorer's wind noise. Can't speak too much of off-road performance but they've handled pretty well on their first trek on the hard pack snow roads.

DSCN0792_zps4c4567f9.jpg

DSCN0794_zps24d2a841.jpg

DSCN0793_zps765d583c.jpg

You stick with the 245's?

265/65

Update: They rub a bit up front at full lock if anyone was wondering. Not too much but once it clears up around here I'll pull the wheel liner in the area that it's rubbing. Not sure why I did not think they rubbed at first but day to day driving I don't encounter it.

Going through the spring thaw here and I took the ol' rig out back on one of our trails. Not necessarily the hardest trail to navigate but it gets tight in places. Did not get stuck in melting snow, mud and only had a minor hickup where I started to slide near a tree. Was impressed on overcoming a hill that's a pretty steep ascent but just dropped it in 4x4 turned the traction control off and let her eat. No pics but maybe I'll snap some next time around.

Well this didn't take off like I thought it would. Decided to trade it in and switch brands. Don't have the time I used to for vehicle mods and what not. At least someone searching will find information regarding the fitment of the tires listed above :/

Did you put the lift kit in, or were those tires on the stock height?

Back