Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Body Work & Detailing

Notices

Body Work & Detailing Waxing washing, wheel cleaning and body work. This is the place to discuss those topics.

painting gray bumpers and flares to match truck

Old 01-22-2002, 07:38 PM   #1
tbomb
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
painting gray bumpers and flares to match truck

i have a white sport with gray ground effects, and i want to paint all the gray on my truck white (like a number of others have done with other colored trucks.) the thing is though, my white paint is already a royal PITA to keep nice, and more of it could present a problem, especially bumpers and flares which take a lot of small rocks and just general abuse in the form of copious amounts of dirt. i suppose i could just get a bumper cover for the front from bumpers.com, but what about the rest? any thoughts?

Like tbomb's, if my X could be like tbomb's." icon34
tbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 01-22-2002, 10:31 PM   #2
XLT_66
GO TEXAS TECH
P.O.S. Mitsu Diamante

Vehicle Specs

Ok, i have a question. On the 99+ bumpers...what is the deal with bumper covers. What is that? I know it sounds like what it is...but what does a normal 99+ bumper look like? I dunno...i am just confused. I have been looking to get a 99+ bumper for my 96 and at bumpers.com they have a "dressed" bumper for the X. Does that have a "bumper cover" on it?

Apten Single Stage Chip
Make offers...
XLT_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 10:55 PM   #3
tbomb
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
um, im not sure what a dressed bumper is, but a bumper cover just covers the bumper. its the same shape as a 99 bumper, but you can order it in colors and i dont think itll chip like the real bumper - it goes right over the real bumper on your truck. i mean, you could just paint the bumper whatever color you want, but its easier with a bumper cover and its gives more protection - the real bumper wont get damaged (unless you smash into something.)

what does a normal 99 bumper look like? um, tough to describe - its got those 2 vertical bar like things sticking out of it. i think it looks a lot nicer than my 98 bumper.

if you search for YetiX, he put a 99 bumper on his 96 and put a white bumper cover on it too - it looks really cool.

Like tbomb's, if my X could be like tbomb's." icon34
tbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 11:17 PM   #4
Alec
Elite Moderator
Houston, Texas

2008 JK

Vehicle Specs

I think Jefe has the late model bumper without a cover on it. It looks different without the rubbermaid on it.

Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:00 AM   #5
RFR2212
Typing Police
In the mug by Chitown

95 JEEP Wrangler

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally posted by XLT_66
Ok, i have a question. On the 99+ bumpers...what is the deal with bumper covers. What is that? I know it sounds like what it is...but what does a normal 99+ bumper look like? I dunno...i am just confused. I have been looking to get a 99+ bumper for my 96 and at bumpers.com they have a "dressed" bumper for the X. Does that have a "bumper cover" on it?
Talk to espnfreak or catch him on AIM at Jewelbagger
Pete

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page