MyCal Model 45002 and 16 Sport communication issue?? Anyone else | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MyCal Model 45002 and 16 Sport communication issue?? Anyone else

jmr061

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Exp Sport
I have been working with Livernois on this issue which has left everyone stumped.

I have a MyCal Part #45002 which I had used on my 13 SHO. Upon purchasing my 16 Sport Livernois updated it for use on my Sport but the problem is it doesn't "see" the Sport as having the ignition on and tells me to turn the ignition on even though it is. Therefore it will never read the VIN or strategy code.

My SCT3 tuner works fine with the Sport (gets the VIN and strategy code). My IDS/VCM2 works fine with the Sport and I have no error codes and network testing passes just fine.

Strange thing is the MyCal works fine on a 2015 Explorer I tested it on. However the 15 and 16 have different electrical setups.

Does anyone here have the older style MyCal 45002 and used it successfully on a 16 Sport? Mine was built in the beginning of October. Just looking for other ends users for some feedback.

Thanks

So I figured things out. It was a bad connection of the tuner plug at the DLC which is part of the gateway module. I pulled the gateway module and and inspected it. Resoldered the DLC pin connections inside, bent them to make better contact and coated with di-electric grease. Works good now! Yeah got it tuned!!

Back