• Register Today It's free!

Sport pedal installation?

Rob Slade

Reaction score
City, State
Wake Forest, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Tacoma DoubleCab
I just got some Ractive sport pedals. Does anyone know how to install them? They didn't have any instructions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are they the kinda that clamp on with the screw-tightened clamps? If so, just loosed the clamps, position the pedal covers, and tighten. Make sure the pedals still have full movement and don't hang on anything. Also make sure the covers wont move when you slam on the gas or brake (bad!)

They may be the kind that you have to drill into your stock pedals, hope not!

No, they clamp on. I got the brake pedal, but the gas pedal is weird and I don't really know what to do.

Took me about an hour to figure out the gas pedal. Just work with it and it will go on well eventually. Sorry I can't be of more help.

One thing that helps is lots of light.

I have these little puppies too. They have been sitting in a bag for a year! I love em cause when your feet are wet they will grip but man they sure wouldn't fit over my pedals. I read later on that you need to take the rubber off the pedals. I will have to give it a try again. If that doesn't work I will just screw em on! :D

After a couple of times of it falling off, I ended up drilling the top and bottom rivets out of the gas pedal and screwing it in..

Back