• Register Today It's free!

Plugs and 02 sensor

tulio1956

Reaction score
City, State
Royal Oak Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt awd 5.0
Manual states I need AWSF32EE (4W2) spark plugs. Several auto parts stores are saying AGSF32EE (432) are the replacement. Does anybody know if there is a difference. Also, Autozone read a code P0153 - 02 sensor slow response. It was from bank 2 sensor 1. Does it need to be replaced and if so which one is it and should all four be done at once. Thanks for any help

P0153

tulio1956 said:
Manual states I need AWSF32EE (4W2) spark plugs. Several auto parts stores are saying AGSF32EE (432) are the replacement. Does anybody know if there is a difference. Also, Autozone read a code P0153 - 02 sensor slow response. It was from bank 2 sensor 1. Does it need to be replaced and if so which one is it and should all four be done at once. Thanks for any help

Just got out of Autozone...I have the same engine light code, "P0153 - O2 Sensor Slow Response." Every mechanic I call is telling me it could be one of two, or one of four sensors. What the heck? Code tells yah which one it is, right? I have 110,000 miles on my Mountaineer '97 5.0L, and just for fun I am going to scrub the ones my big hands can reach with a wire brush tonight. Probably be spending money before the week is over on new ones. FYI, I used anti-seize on O2 sensors before installing on my wife's old Volvo, tightened them with torque wrench to manufacturer's specs, guess what, one came out!!

I hope these are helpfull to you guys. The first time I replaced the pass side upstream sensor I did it from below with much swearing and scraping of knuckles. It was well worth it to pull back the carpet for the easy access.

Good Luck!

8426O2AccessPanel_copy-med.jpg

8426O2HarnessPlugs_copy-med.jpg

8426SensorRemoval_copy.jpg

For the 98 SOHC, only the downstream O2's are accessible from the panel. The upstream O2's can be done from underneath or through the wheel well (remove the plastic shell).

Back