• Register Today It's free!

baro sensor

craigor

Reaction score
City, State
st. catharines ontario canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 eddie bauer
where would i find the baro sensor on my 91 e.b. explorer and can it be cleaned or replace.
is it true only ford replacement parts will remove codes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the barometric pressure sensor on a 91 OHV 4.0L is located on the firewall, behind the upper intake manifold.

Ford replaced this sucker with a manifold absolute pressure sensor in 92, then in 93 they did away with the MAP sensor completely.

NO any aftermarket barometric pressure sensor that functions properly will remove the code.

Codes are removed when you re-set the computer by disconnecting the battery for a minute.....

Originally posted by 410Fortune
the barometric pressure sensor on a 91 OHV 4.0L is located on the firewall, behind the upper intake manifold.

Ford replaced this sucker with a manifold absolute pressure sensor in 92, then in 93 they did away with the MAP sensor completely.

Don't all 4.0's run Mass Air? I have never seen one with a MAP/BARO sensor.

i dont know my check engine light is on i had the codes read it says map sensoe baro sensoe ford said my year doesnt have map it the part store has a baro foe my year of explorer iam confused now

Try cleaning the Mass Air Flow Sensor.

410, I think you're talking rangers and 2.9's and 3.0's bud.

I have never seen a 4.0 with anything besides mass air. I have 3 friends with 91's and they ALL have mass air.

Back