• Register Today It's free!

Rear Wiper Wiring Diagram

HearseMan

Reaction score
City, State
Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLS
My rear Wiper Does not work as many people have faced here.

Was hoping someone has the Rear Wiper, Rear Wiper Switch and the Glass Close Sensor.

I plan or Removing the Sensor and Prolly making the Wiper only Work when in Drive or only when the front wipers are on.

But knowing my Luck I will just keep Replacing Bad Wiper Motors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why would you go to the hassle of rewiring the rear wiper if it doesn't work. Why don't you just troubleshoot the problem you have now rather than running new wires all over to control it without the switch? I think having the factory switch to operate the wiper is the best and only way to run it. Let alone your sprayer works on the same switch.

Actually By having the Wiring I can trouble Shoot my Wiper Problem.

I never said removing the Switch. I want to Bypass the Glass Sensor cause they aint worth replacing and normally dont last a year.

Have you tried shifting the arm where it goes into the rear door with it turned on? Sometimes that gets out of whack and the motor won't run. May save yourself some work.

The "forcing it when on" worked for me.....If you hear the motor spinning, without the arm moving, then it is toast though.

i have a 91 explorer and my rear wiper doesn't work. where is the glass open switch? i am getting no power to the motor and it goes through the glass ajar or whatever that damn switch is called but haynes doesn't tell you where it is at.

Does your window have a bent rod at the bottom middle on the inside?
If so I think there might be a corresponding latch?

Sorry I have a 94 not a 91 tho could be wrong

What do the rubber isolators on the wiper bracket look like. One of mine was so deteriorated that it was not allowing the arm to rest on the mount causing it to freeze up. I solved this by finding something similar at lowe's and installing it. Works like a charm...

Back