• Register Today It's free!

Luk clutches any good?

Doug

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sykesville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
I've been looking around for a clutch for my truck and no one seems to sell an entire kit for our trucks except for luk. I'm also wondering how the pro gold series clutch from luk compares to the centerforce dual friction. I'd love to get a centerforce for my truck but i cant afford one right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol, my best friend has been a co-op at luk for a couple years now. they actually make clutches and torque converters for most other clutch companies and car manufacturers so you shouldn't have any problems. they are always getting crazy preproduction cars :)cough: C6) for testing and such.

about your comparison with the centerforce.. i have no clue, but i'll ask my friend later on tonight if i talk to him.

I have installed several Luk clutches in various types of vehicles and never had any problems. They are an excellent quality clutch.

Luk makes part of the center force clutch. I think the luk pro gold series clutches are better and I have heard nothing but good comments on them and that is why I am putting a luk gold in my rock crawler and not a centerforce. I have a basic luk clutch in my Explorer and I havent had any problems with it.

Yep ive installed a few Luk clutches in various vehicles and they are very nice...Seem to be one of the best clutch setups out there :)

ok, cool. I'll probably order a new one tomorrow then.

They are factory equiptment on fords :)

Well 250 dollars later i have a new clutch in the mail.

Back