96 explorer sport cd changer problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 explorer sport cd changer problem

Juleekat

Reaction score
City, State
Centreville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport '96 2 door
pleasse help..my cd mgazine is stuck in the cd changer and it won't eject..when i push the eject button i hear it working but the cd magazine"holder" doesn't pop up like it is supposed to... any suggestions on how to "unstick it? i have 5 cds inside that i can't get out!! also when i try to play the cds..the stereo reads:"no cd".....this happened out of nowhere.. the player worked fine yesterday...:(
I'm a very "non-mechanically inclined" female who needs advice
thanks!!
julee

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ha, same thing happened to me! i also have a 96, what happened was the cd "forgot" what slot it was at, and tried to load 2 cd's at once, or sumthing like this, anyway, theres a cd jammed in player! is basically the problem,.....what i did, i took it out, opened the cd changer and took out the cd from where it was stuck,.......that was about a year ago, and it did'nt happen again since then.
If ur willing, its not hard at all to take out the cd changer, and its not hard to unjam the cd, it just takes some time and patience....

let me kno if u fix it.
Troy

HI Troy.....thanks for the info....where can i get instructions on how to remove the cd changer from the console??
is this the only way to get the player "unjammed"?

well "kat", ha, u need to be good with a screwdriver and willing, its simple but yet, can be tedious. The most u do is remove screws and bolts. But its because they make it in such a way that they dont want people stealing the cd changer-and this makes it kinda tedious......so if u take it slow and easy, or u and a friend(boyfriend) tackle it, it can be done!

just think logically about everything, if it does not come off, there might be a screw holding it. or maybe some tabs, etc ect.

i have not seen any instructions for that anywhere..sorry...but i have not looked, so it could be out there....

I had the same problem a few times. What I do is I push the eject button and push down on the magazine repeatedly and quicky. once you feel the magazine start to come up stop and let it come up. you may need to try this a few times.

David Larson

thanks for all the help!! got cd changer out and magazine out...when i re-inserted the magazine,,everthing works great!!!!!
I"M happy again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm such a cheauvanist sometimes!!!

What happened? Did you get the "automatic" changer cover to open or did you have to open it manually like everyone else?
(me):confused: :shoot:

the changer cover was never stuck..it was the magazine that holds the 6 cds that wouldn't eject.. i ended up having to take the enitre changer out of the the console then took the outisde casing off...
the magaine was still stuck so tried re-plugging the changer into the power source..when i pushed eject ..the magazine then ejected...must have just been a glitch in the systems' computer or something..nothing seemed jammed or anything.. put it all back together and it works fine now.....:)

Back