• Register Today It's free!

How big is my fuel tank?

terestron

Reaction score
City, State
Island Lake, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
How big is my fuel tank in gallons? I could not find in the owner's manual. I have a 1998 XLT 4WD....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its in the back of the manual under capacities

I looked there but did not see it...I will look again....but if anyone knows just post it!!!!

If its the same as the '97 it should be 21 gallons.

what is a 94 have 19 right?

I believe all sports are 17.5

Originally posted by Alec

I believe all sports are 17.5

close 17.2. at least thats what they list for my 98 sport

My 2000 Sport lists 17.5 in the owners manual, but I can squeeze in 20 gal, which I have been told is not good for the vehicle and charcoal canister filter, to overfill.

I have the same vehicle. I've run it out of gas twice. Bonehead - :rolleyes:. Literally bottom to top it's 21+ gallons. The plus is probably topping off into the filler.

The manual's dead last page (pg #248) says "Fuel Tank Capacity (4 door) 79.5L (20.8 gallons)"

by sport you mean 2 door right? cause i have a 2 door eddie bauer, its a 94

no such thing as 2 door eddie bauer

Sure there are, I park next to one everyday- they are definitely rare. I have probably only seen two or three EB 2 doors, though they do exist for the 1st gens- don't know about 2nd gens...

There is a 2 door Eddie Bauer, it was only available in the first gens.

well color me red.. i did not know that

Originally posted by Texplorer
There is a 2 door Eddie Bauer, it was only available in the first gens.
Ahh, acutally, my 2000 Sport is an Eddie Bauer Edition. Has the badging inside and out, along with optional EB equipment, bought new from the dealer showroom floor.

Originally posted by VOATMJ1
Ahh, acutally, my 2000 Sport is an Eddie Bauer Edition. Has the badging inside and out, along with optional EB equipment, bought new from the dealer showroom floor.

can you post some pics? i would love to see it

I will grab the digital cam from work, and see what I can do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha first time i saw a 2 dr EB on the road I did a double take bc I hadnt ever seen it before... That was the one and only time to see a 2dr Eddie B... it was just lieka 4 door, just without 2 doors haha.
--Bryan

Back