• Register Today It's free!

MULTI FUNCTIONS SWITCH(HEADLIGHT)

daniel cauchon

Reaction score
City, State
Terrebonne,Province of Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer Limited
Hi everyone...anybody knows how to replace a multifunctions switch on a 95Limited.. with steps and pics...I saw something one time on this site but I can t find it know..Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you talking about the headlight switch or the multifunction switch (turn signal stalk)?? If you're talking about the turn signal stalk, here's the info from my '96 CD-ROM shop manual:

Turn Signal and Windshield Wiper Switch

Removal

WARNING:
THE ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT FOR AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT IS POWERED DIRECTLY FROM THE BATTERY (10655) AND BACKUP POWER SUPPLY. TO AVOID ACCIDENTAL DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY, THE BATTERY POSITIVE CABLE MUST BE DISCONNECTED FOR A MINIMUM OF ONE MINUTE TO DE-ENERGIZE THE BACKUP POWER SUPPLY.

1. Disconnect battery to starter relay cable (14300) and wait at least one minute for air bag backup power supply to discharge before beginning work. Refer to «Section 01-20C».

2. Remove upper and lower steering column shrouds (3530) as outlined in this section.

3. Remove two self-tapping screws retaining multi-function switch (13K359) to steering column tube casting. Disengage multi-function switch from casting.

4. Disconnect the three electrical connectors.

Installation

1. Install three electrical connectors to full engagement.

2. Align turn signal and windshield wiper switch mounting holes with corresponding holes in steering column tube casting. Install two self-tapping screws, making sure to start screws in the previously tapped holes. Tighten to 2-3 N-m (18-25 lb-in).

3. Install upper steering column shroud and lower steering column shroud with screws. Tighten to 0.7-1.11 N-m (7-9 lb-in).

4. Note: When the battery has been disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the powertrain control module (PCM) (12A650) relearns it adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 miles) or more to relearn the strategy.

Connect battery to starter relay cable.

5. Check tilt lock lever and multi-function switch for proper operation.

If you're talking about the headlight switch, you should be able to get the details from the Haynes manual.

diagram

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 390

Yes exactly ! thank you very much you guys...can you tell me now ...how long to do it ? and a figure in $$ !

thank yo very much !

AutoZone has it for about 50 - 60 bucks. I haven't done it yet so I'm not sure how long.

You mean your driving around with this problem ?

Back