Gabriel vs. Monroe sensa-trac

padeerslayer03

Reaction score
City, State
Jeannette, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer
which is better for an explorer??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gabriels are cheaper.. but i have the sensa-tracs and i love them. free installation at sears too. they run it all the time.

I am moving this to the appropriate forum

I just installed Monroe Reflexes on the Front and Monroe Sensatrac Load Levelers on the rear. Ride is much better than stock. Never had the Gabriels so I can not comment on which is better.

I had noticed some sag in the rear end and I went with the load levelers in the rear because they give you about an inch of lift. Tough to install though. They do not come pre-compressed with the string around them. Had to compress them myself and tie them up with wire prior to install-a b***h of a job.

Anyway I couldn't be happier with the result.

Got them at http://www.pickproparts.com/. Paid $86.88 for the rear pair (they only sell them in pairs) and $37.02 each for the front plus $ 5.00 shipping that was the best deal i could find. Total was $165.92.

If you go on Monroe's website they have Shock selector..... if you play around with it you can see the exact shock for your car based on the ride you're looking for.

Good Luck.

I have sensa tracs and i love them. Way better then stock.

Back